Xmas suggestion!

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Xmas suggestion!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Christmas Caroling. Have it work like the halloween trick or treating.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS"
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Ohm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Xmas suggestion!

Post by Ohm »

Anyone doing secret santa this year?
[22:31:51] <wintergate> Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

GuardianKnight wrote:Christmas Caroling. Have it work like the halloween trick or treating.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS"

Ughhh... that trick or treating is so boring :P

ticket system would be cooooo
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Unknown Unknown
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Unknown Unknown »

Ohm wrote:Anyone doing secret santa this year?
I'd be down again

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

GuardianKnight wrote:Christmas Caroling. Have it work like the halloween trick or treating.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS"
Then they could give first place three prizes!
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Set up the carolling to be timer based. Set it up to force people to pick one house and carol at it for as long as possible. The person who can pick a house and not be pk'd throughout the day will win.

So, basically, if you stop caroling (macroing the carol) at a house for more than 10 seconds, your timer has to start over.

The winners will be based on the longest a person survives and continues to carol.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Phantom 3

Post by Phantom 3 »

I like this... but I feel theres a very small media that will be able to compete.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

GuardianKnight wrote:Set up the carolling to be timer based. Set it up to force people to pick one house and carol at it for as long as possible. The person who can pick a house and not be pk'd throughout the day will win.

So, basically, if you stop caroling (macroing the carol) at a house for more than 10 seconds, your timer has to start over.

The winners will be based on the longest a person survives and continues to carol.

Although not a bad idea at all and sounds fun, this is still a problem for people who dont have the time others do. I cant log on and christmas carol for 2 hours. If I get on, its usually for 45mins-1hr at a time. Kids/Work/Wife etc;
Thats why I hate trick or treat, whats the point in even trying if I can only be on for an hour?
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

For teh people with a lack of time, there is still the normal xmas activities.

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by applejack »

Ohm wrote:Anyone doing secret santa this year?
A fine UOSA tradition. It has been run in years past by:

2008: Hemperor viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3515
2009: BlackFoot viewtopic.php?t=13310&p=119142
2010: fox_phyre viewtopic.php?f=21&t=24553
2011: yours truly viewtopic.php?f=21&t=34481
2012: Pirul viewtopic.php?f=21&t=44218

I nominate GK to run it this year.

Get on it already GK!!!
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I don't even know if I will have internet or a home base around christmas.

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Christmas carol sure! Not one single house tho, the shard's worth! We could compare the totals versus Halloween. I'm certain the numbers are down ;(.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

The point would be to force each player to sit at one house the whole time. If they afk it, they could be pk'd and lose time. This would FORCE people to be out in the world and stay there. People would have to set a macroer and have a pvper guard them. This would create activity.

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

GuardianKnight wrote:The point would be to force each player to sit at one house the whole time. If they afk it, they could be pk'd and lose time. This would FORCE people to be out in the world and stay there. People would have to set a macroer and have a pvper guard them. This would create activity.

There are houses within guard zone that I could sit at and macro without worry.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Bixby Legbone wrote:
GuardianKnight wrote:The point would be to force each player to sit at one house the whole time. If they afk it, they could be pk'd and lose time. This would FORCE people to be out in the world and stay there. People would have to set a macroer and have a pvper guard them. This would create activity.

There are houses within guard zone that I could sit at and macro without worry.
I don't even think my idea is possible to implement with the way uo is programmed. If it were, obviously, there could be tweaks to keep you out of guard zones. It would basically be like halloween where you find houses, but instead, you are finding people.