Meditation BOOM!

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Meditation BOOM!

Post by keelonzo »

Hey all you UOSA-ians - - Merry Christmas

always wanted to post this question, but kept forgetting.

Any-hoo.... I remember (I know Kaivan LOVES this post already) when on OSI servers after meditation was introduced in T2A that if you were to cast explosion on a target then meditate, when the "explosion" exploded - you would get the message "You stop meditating"

The reason I remember this is because I thought it was a very well thought out effect of the programmers, because after all - it would be tough to meditate during an explosion anyways and it just made sense. Would always have to remember to med AFTER my explosion "boomed."

Anyone else remember this quirk? Or did it get patched out sometime previous to our target date?

.... or was I in an absinth induced hallucination at the time

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Meditation BOOM!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

You stop meditating every time you take damage and explosion has a delay on damage. Are you being cryptic about something that happened in game? There are better ways to raise meditation.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:You stop meditating every time you take damage and explosion has a delay on damage. Are you being cryptic about something that happened in game? There are better ways to raise meditation.
He's saying when you cast explosion (on another target), then meditate, the meditation would be interrupted as soon a the explosion damage is incurred.

I definitely remember this being the case. I just don't remember when it was the case. I'm not sure if we've had this discussion before on the forums, but it's a good catch nonetheless.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

Yes - ^

But how could one find out when it was patched out/in whateva. Someone go scour the patch notes. I'll do the same.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Im pretty sure it was patched just a few days/weeks after meditation was put in.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

Menkaure wrote:Im pretty sure it was patched just a few days/weeks after meditation was put in.

I mean... I did play ALOT back in the day, but for me to wince every time I cast exp and med (still to this day), to be that entrenched into my psyche - couldn't have happened in only a couple days/ weeks.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

This is a confirmed mechanic on live OSI servers, and is in-line with the patch notes.

Since the patch notes state that if you do anything, you will stop meditating, it stands to reason that if you begin meditating after completing the spell casting process by targeting the spell, you will stop meditating when the damage delay is over and the spell has its intended effect. This is because of the fact that while the spell casting is already done, the damage portion of the spell causes you to attack your opponent in the same way as double clicking them while in war mode. Since that action would disrupt meditation, this action has the same results.

If this is not currently implemented on UOSA, it should be.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

Good call Kaivan!

I saw the note, but was actually looking for notes concerning them patching it out - didn't think it would still be in effect on the live servers.

And is, in fact, NOT on UOSA.

*calls Derrick*

Need to put this one on the next update list. =))

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

Good job, there hasn't been much to change lately due to us being pretty damn close to era.
[broken image]

Faust

Post by Faust »

There are plenty of changes still left needing fixed. Quite large modifications exist still. I don't see any of them being accomplished anytime soon though, if ever.

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

Faust wrote:There are plenty of changes still left needing fixed. Quite large modifications exist still. I don't see any of them being accomplished anytime soon though, if ever.
Some people have real lives. And they like to play with GoPro helipads ;-)

Captain Sparkles
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Captain Sparkles »

Just chiming in to say I recall this as well, and was wondering about it earlier today enough that I purposefully meditated after casting explosion then watching my sysmessages.