Odd suggestion to possibly help with population.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Odd suggestion to possibly help with population.

Post by kill drizitz »

So, this is not meant to be a flame war, and if you don't agree- please say why as apposed to "that's stupid"

The suggestions I am making is to do away with the Online count ticker, AND the online players tab in MyUOSA.

I am not asking to get rid of MyUOSA OR the players search. Pretty much only the "Online Players" tab.

The reason for this is because some people can just go there to see if people are on or not, if not- they wont log in. This might encourage people to log on more to see where people could be hanging and playing to join them. Sure a lot of people use Skype and Vent etc. but this might... MIGHT help people get on even if it is only for a bit.

Anyways, its really just a thought. UO's website had the char search, but never online activity back then.

*Personally I like the online now player search, but this is just a thought on how people might log on or not. I have literally used it to see if some people I knew were on, and made my decision to log into the game based on that.

What are your thoughts players/GMs?

BTW: Merry Christmas

Faust

Re: Odd suggestion to possibly help with population.

Post by Faust »

That could potentially work but it could also produce the complete opposite effect as well. Players (current or future) not knowing the population could quit or decide not playing thinking the the population is low. Definitely not saying it would not work but suggesting that it could possibly produce the opposite effect than what is intended.

Bicchus Dicchus

Post by Bicchus Dicchus »

Or have the counter add an extra 500 players to the count

;)

JessieKJepsen
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by JessieKJepsen »

How about our SEO and SEM players make some pages to help boost the site :)

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

JessieKJepsen wrote:How about our SEO and SEM players make some pages to help boost the site :)
I could do this. I'll talk with an admin.
^

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Treysta wrote:
JessieKJepsen wrote:How about our SEO and SEM players make some pages to help boost the site :)
I'm currently making a new site for UOSA. We rank well for many target terms. We do pretty well for organic traffic. However, our current site is not setup properly for converting traffic effectively. We're basically leaving a lot of traffic on the table right now.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Bricting

Post by Bricting »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:
Treysta wrote:
I'm currently making a new site for UOSA. We rank well for many target terms. We do pretty well for organic traffic. However, our current site is not setup properly for converting traffic effectively. We're basically leaving a lot of traffic on the table right now.

so good to hear :) tid bits of hope