Furniture Dye Tubs

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Fireball
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Furniture Dye Tubs

Post by Fireball »

Can we please have a look at this?

Furniture Dye Tubs were a veteran reward on OSI. Anyone with a one year old account could get one. This is well publicised.

I don't recall there ever being a tub with limited charges and yet these seem to exist here.

Would you please make these more available? As it stands it is not era accurate.

Thanks

FB
<@BoomlandJenkins> I don't favor anyone here, I hate all of you equally as much as the next player :)

Fireball
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Furniture Dye Tubs

Post by Fireball »

Actually, I see that vet rewards didn't actually come in until 2001 so I suppose that has a bearing.
<@BoomlandJenkins> I don't favor anyone here, I hate all of you equally as much as the next player :)

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Technically speaking the furny dye tubs werent in play til after second age.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Actually, they were first available as part of the Clean up Britannia system on OSI servers (see the wiki patch notes for details), and the fact that we've made them available for Christmas this year is our way of correcting the lack of this mechanic at our cutoff date.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Kaivan wrote:Actually, they were first available as part of the Clean up Britannia system on OSI servers (see the wiki patch notes for details), and the fact that we've made them available for Christmas this year is our way of correcting the lack of this mechanic at our cutoff date.

Oh, I honestly did not know furny tubs were made at cub.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Fireball
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Fireball »

Kaivan wrote:Actually, they were first available as part of the Clean up Britannia system on OSI servers (see the wiki patch notes for details), and the fact that we've made them available for Christmas this year is our way of correcting the lack of this mechanic at our cutoff date.
Ahh thank you Kaivan and others. I was pretty sure we had them on Atlantic before out move to Siege Perilous when it started in 1999.

FB

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

The order is reversed on those events. Siege Perilous was released in July 1999, and furniture dye tubs were made available in October 1999. Non the less, they were available at similar times, and are T2A accurate.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Fireball
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Fireball »

Kaivan wrote:The order is reversed on those events. Siege Perilous was released in July 1999, and furniture dye tubs were made available in October 1999. Non the less, they were available at similar times, and are T2A accurate.
Fair enough. I continued to play Atlantic sometimes to keep my houses going so it was presumably around the time of the Siege wipe.

2001 we all went to DAoC but I still kept my UO accounts going, reducing in numbers, until 2008 when I closed my remaining 2 accounts and let my houses fall.

Were there ever charged furniture dye tubs then? I don't remember those.

FB