Pets transport, between Moonglow lost lands.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Grimoric

Pets transport, between Moonglow lost lands.

Post by Grimoric »

I notice that we can not bring pets from Monglow (Recsu,Recdu) to lost lands, they do get stuck but it is ok to go throw Delucia dungeon.

This restriction was implemented then OSI had two clients running (Original,T2A) this restriction was removed at the same time on all entrances to lost lands then they merged them into one client or actually just retired the Original one and did a free upgrade to T2A.

Bixby Legbone

Re: Pets transport, between Moonglow lost lands.

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Grimoric wrote:I notice that we can not bring pets from Monglow (Recsu,Recdu) to lost lands, they do get stuck but it is ok to go throw Delucia dungeon.

This restriction was implemented then OSI had two clients running (Original,T2A) this restriction was removed at the same time on all entrances to lost lands then they merged them into one client or actually just retired the Original one and did a free upgrade to T2A.

I played on OSI from introduction to The Lost Lands through Age of Shadows. I can't recall a time when I could ever take a tamed animal through the Moonglow/Papua connection.

Delucia Passage and a few others seemed to be a sneak way to get mounts through, but I don't ever recall it being intentional on the developer's part. More of an accident they never fixed.

I also do not recall a free upgrade to The Second Age client.

Grimoric

Post by Grimoric »

Bixby Legbone wrote:
Grimoric wrote:I notice that we can not bring pets from Monglow (Recsu,Recdu) to lost lands, they do get stuck but it is ok to go throw Delucia dungeon.

I played on OSI from introduction to The Lost Lands through Age of Shadows. I can't recall a time when I could ever take a tamed animal through the Moonglow/Papua connection.

Delucia Passage and a few others seemed to be a sneak way to get mounts through, but I don't ever recall it being intentional on the developer's part. More of an accident they never fixed.

I also do not recall a free upgrade to The Second Age client.
They upgraded the clients to same, but you needed to pay to be able to enter lost lands.

In the begining you could not bring T2A mounts out of lost lands at all, the old clients did not have the graphics for the mounts (Riders got hanging in the air or killed by invissable frenzied ostard) but they did changes this really soon after the release with a merge so they only needed to support one client.

Then I played on OSI's Europa server I could sit on a mount and bring it with me throw Moonglow to Papua (it did not work with none mounted pets) at the same time they opend up the passages, same did goes for north of Minoc passage to Lost Lands.

Pac

Post by Pac »

Allowing pets/mounts to be transported from T2A didn't come until Publish 9 in Dec 2000, a year after our cutoff date.

http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_9

Grimoric

Post by Grimoric »

Pac wrote:Allowing pets/mounts to be transported from T2A didn't come until Publish 9 in Dec 2000, a year after our cutoff date.

http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_9
Well in that case we should not be able to use the delucia tunnel as I did write in begining, they removed the restrictions at all entrance the same time as they allowed pets.

>> The following is a list of changes deployed as Publish 9 on December 15, 2000.

> Players will be able to recall and gate between the Lost Lands (T2A) and Britannia.
> Passageways and connection points between the Lost Lands and Britannia will be open to tamed creature travel.
> Players will be able to use stablemasters in both areas with T2A or Britannian creatures. Players will be able to remove Lost Lands creatures from the stables while being within the Britannian lands, and vice versa.
> Players will be able to ride a mounted ostard or rideable llama across Lost Land/Britannian access points.
> Allow for rideable llamas to be mounted in the Old Lands (Britannia).