Housing and space issue.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

How would you like the housing.

Poll ended at Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:27 am

Leave it alone!
49%
I liked the posters suggestion (6 houses across 3 accounts)
32%
Not decided, But something does have to change.
20%

Total votes: 41

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Housing and space issue.

Post by inkognito »

Gotta own atleast ONE house if you are a item hoarder. There's no way around it.
Others own homes for the decorative value. Housing gives players something to do whether it be buying/selling, decorating, or hoarding. GK of all people know the decorative value of homes. You are after all the curator of the museums are you not? Of course you don't have any need for housing, you have your hands full with housing that isn't yours! That's a compliment by the way. Not many would take the time to keep that stuff in order and intact; especially for as long as you have. For that I give you props.

I think the problem for new players is perception. If it seems like there's no place to place a tower anywhere, then I'm thinking they are assuming there's no place to put anything of any size. Back in 09, I got discouraged a little because I couldn't find a place to place a keep or castle at deed cost (lol). So I do see how newer players may perceive this as a problem when they first arrive. It takes time to realize that this is just how this shard works in its old age now. You have to reach out to the community and be proactive about finding a bigger place to live if you want something larger than a small. But by the time you need something larger, you really should be prepared to pay the up-charge over deed cost. In the past 2 month I've sold 4 L Shapes for only 40-60k above deed cost and given away 3 smalls to new players.
Housing is not the issue. Its the perception new players get when they enter the economy that is the issue. There REALLY needs to be a new player section in the forums.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

inkognito wrote:There REALLY needs to be a new player section in the forums.
Yes, and let's keep the ponzi scheme that NEW is out of it.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Teravel

Post by Teravel »

DavidPaluch wrote:I mean come on, once you buy a house after weeks of saving up from killing skeletons and zombies, your a big nut now!
I just joined this server (due to a few friends who have been members for about a month) 9 days ago, and I purchased and placed a 7x7 myself. In fact, I have found space for 4 other 7x7 houses.
OSI 98/99 Era although we could have one house per character. the majority of people that played only had 1 account.
OSI (Origin Systems, Inc) didn't want people having multiple accounts, so they allowed each character to have a house. When the game was purchased by EA, multiple accounts became a normal thing, and the change to a single house per account was decided.

There is one more piece of the picture that hasn't been discussed in this thread. In the original T2A, there were thousands of players, each with multiple characters. Attaining space and funds for multiple houses was difficult because you were competing against thousands of others that were doing the same. In UOSA, there are a few hundred people to compete with. With 5 houses per person, the lands would still be filled with houses. Attaining the funds is much simpler (due to less competition in high spawn areas, and by using Razor). Allowing more than 5 houses per player is just asking for abuse, and obviously a few people have taken advantage (since there's a claim that 2% of the population has 15 houses).

On a note for new members to the server, a 7x7 only gets you by for so long. I have almost filled my house, and I only have two characters (neither of which is a crafter/townie). As much as I would love a 14x14 with or without a patio, there just doesn't seem to be much space to place them, if any.

Pac

Post by Pac »

Teravel wrote:
OSI (Origin Systems, Inc) didn't want people having multiple accounts, so they allowed each character to have a house. When the game was purchased by EA, multiple accounts became a normal thing, and the change to a single house per account was decided.
Please stop conjecturing. There was never a policy change regarding people having multiple accounts, and EA never "purchased" UO. Origin Systems became part of EA years before the first line of UO source code was written.

sircharlestha3rd

Post by sircharlestha3rd »

Place a small.

Buy a large house via forums.

Stop crying.

Grimoric

Post by Grimoric »

Pac wrote:
Teravel wrote:
Please stop conjecturing. There was never a policy change regarding people having multiple accounts, and EA never "purchased" UO. Origin Systems became part of EA years before the first line of UO source code was written.
OSI is a developer company and EA is a game distributor. It is the same with DICE and Battlefield, EA buy DICE and distribute the game.

This is the reson why people hates EA.

First we have a company like OSI developing a game as they wish to have it (They are gamers in their soul) and after they are done EA comes in and look at the product and say something like change this and that, it will sell better and own us more money on the product. (Hence the item stores and makeing the games easier)

All none hardcare gamers bring the most money so EA will always makes the changes for them, while OSI wanted to follow the hardcore ones.

OSI makes Fellucia and EA demands Trammel later in a expantion to sell more copies.

EA bought OSI, September 1992 and UO was released in 1997.

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

I say limit it to one per account. :lol:

Also, Vega.. Menakure will never stop beating that dead horse. He is a Skins fan.. they are used to being down and kicked around year after year. :D
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

qwebirc41039

Post by qwebirc41039 »

this shard doesnt need more spots, it needs more shit talkers. bring back the old trash talk forums!!

Francois424
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Francois424 »

One per account would get my vote.
It really is enough.

Captain Sparkles
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Captain Sparkles »

I'm just going to chime in and ask what is the big uproar about housing spots?
I've been on this server roughly 3 weeks and I have a nice large brick a small in a very amazing location that I honestly can't believe was available and enough gold that I could buy a placed L shape and still be comfortable. This is all without vets giving me anything of value and without farming exclusively to buy housing, none of it came from idocs either.
If I truly wanted a tower I could already have a tower, yet there is all this uproar about something so trivial.

Lets make things less era accurate so I can feel more special, because I need open housing locations to feel special!

Shame on you

And as far as era accuracy, housing was way freakin harder and more expensive to acquire in era...

kingkonan

Post by kingkonan »

i think a simple fix would be to put a value to the houses and say that everyone has a value of 15 on 3 accounts . smalls value at 1 so one could own 15 smalls . but make L shapes and brick value of 2 , towers at 3, keeps at 4 , and castles at 5 . so no one person could own more than 3 castles on 3 accounts . 5 housing point values per account . this still leaves plenty of room for the horders. and for them chars that own all them houses and dont even play, thier just refreshers thats a whole nother problem. would like to hear sugeations on that one.