Bandages and quality of life

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Vitiek

Bandages and quality of life

Post by Vitiek »

This is just a suggestion to make the quality of life for players using the Healing skill a bit better. Rather than cutting 1 individual bandage at a time from a bolt of cloth, change it such that cutting cloth with scissors to make a bandage consumes the entire stack of cloth.

I know this shard is meant to be completely era accurate, but I can't see this being anything other than a quality of life fix, as macroing cutting bandages for hours is just a time sink. Just my two cents. Thanks for reading.

Xanben

Re: Bandages and quality of life

Post by Xanben »

Vitiek wrote:This is just a suggestion to make the quality of life for players using the Healing skill a bit better. Rather than cutting 1 individual bandage at a time from a bolt of cloth, change it such that cutting cloth with scissors to make a bandage consumes the entire stack of cloth.

I know this shard is meant to be completely era accurate, but I can't see this being anything other than a quality of life fix, as macroing cutting bandages for hours is just a time sink. Just my two cents. Thanks for reading.

And please add etheral mounts. Kthxbye. On a serious note, just macro it mate. We all macro, we all waste our time. This is the kind of thing that should never be changed. Imo if it changed I'd leave.

Vitiek

Post by Vitiek »

I'm not sure how you're relating bandages to ethereal horses, or why you'd leave over a change like that, but I guess you had a point in there somewhere. Is it really that game breaking of a change? The point I was trying to make is that it adds to more actual gameplay and less AFK macroing.

Pac

Post by Pac »

Used to be that way, was changed for era accuracy.

Get used to it, its not changing.

Naughtington
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Naughtington »

So you want era accuracy except for .....

#slipperyslope

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

I still think bandages could be cut all at once before UOR. Maybe it was past their target date, but I know it was before UOR.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Unfortunately, this is not the case.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org