Debuffs

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
alatar

Debuffs

Post by alatar »

This is a little tricky to explain, so i'll do the best I can. Currently it works like this:

Example: Person(A) 100str, 100.0 Magery // Person(B) 95str 99.9 Magery. We will call him P(A) & P(B) for abbreivations sake.
- P(A) casts Weaken on P(B), P(B)'s str drops by -11 from 95 to 84. P(B) Strength's himself for a +10 str bonus from 84 - 94. Since P(B) has not yet reached his RawStr (max strength) he can then cast Strength again, for another +10 for 94 - 104, and is now maxed out.

Now, this is how it used to work back in the day on OSI.
- P(B) casts Weaken on P(A), P(A)'s str drops by -10 from 100 - 90. However, since P(A)'s Magery skill is 100.0, and his buff bonus is +11, he cannot re-buff from 90-101, because it would take him over the legal limit for RawStr.

A lot of players used to lock their magery at 99.9 so that they would always be able to permanently lower their opponents Strength by 10, as long as their opponent had GM magery. However since the release of Publish 16 and the ability to go above 100 in any given stat this technique no longer works. I know the OSI vets will remember this, just wondering if I could get any insight to if this could be implemented.

bOmb

Re: Debuffs

Post by bOmb »

I know what your talking about. The 99.9 magery I had on other freeshards after I finished playing OSI. But yea the extra .1 in magery gave you the extra point on weaken. At 99.9 he cant use str on himself. I havent tried it out here tho.

Derrick

Re: Debuffs

Post by Derrick »

I'd like to have this "feature" as well. This currently will not work becuase of the way buffs are done to stats. It's possible to do this and we will plan to implement it.