New Player Section in the Forums? :)

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

New Player Section in the Forums? :)

Post by inkognito »

inkognito wrote:There REALLY needs to be a new player section in the forums.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Re: New Player Section in the Forums? :)

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

There kind of us, right here: viewforum.php?f=42
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

If that's what you want to go with...by all means. :)
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

inkognito wrote:If that's what you want to go with...by all means. :)
Not sure what you mean. The section is called "New Player Section - FAQs and Help" - Was there something more specific you were looking for?
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Perhaps it's a matter of organization and positioning rather than the mere existence of it. I think it be more new player friendly if it was let's say... Right under "Second Age Discussion" in its own major thread slot rather than on the bottom of the page, under support, in archives, in the subforum "Archive: New Player Section"

Just a friendly suggestion to maybe funnel some of the displaced posters into a more upfront section to get information about the shard. I admit I had no idea there was a section when I made the original post.
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Mykos

Post by Mykos »

A new section entitled new players would give new players a separate place to post their hello to UOSA threads so those do not get lost in the secondage discussion section.

Maybe there you could have some locked threads to the new player faq. Anything we can do to ease new players to the server into our community would be a good thing. I am sure there are a few individuals that attempt to make contact when they see new players post and try to help them out with their questions and offer advice for playing.
Mykos
House Master
House of Oor'Tael

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Thanks for clarifying. I'll see what we can do to re-arrange things. The reason the new player section was pushed down to where it is now, is because we had hopes of people using the Ask UOSA site, which does get it's fair share of bursts. It could probably be better promoted to make it more usable, something I plan to do a better job when I have time to revamp the current UOSA website structure this Spring.

Ask UOSA - http://ask.uosecondage.com/questions/

The Wiki is also a good resource for new people - http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Main_Page
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:Thanks for clarifying. I'll see what we can do to re-arrange things. The reason the new player section was pushed down to where it is now, is because we had hopes of people using the Ask UOSA site, which does get it's fair share of bursts. It could probably be better promoted to make it more usable, something I plan to do a better job when I have time to revamp the current UOSA website structure this Spring.

The Wiki is also a good resource for new people - http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Main_Page

I've tried asking a question on Ask UOSA before. It appears I need to create another account and login just to ask my question. I personally don't care enough to make another account, so I just post my questions somewhere else in this forum.

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

I know the time invested in restructuring a website is extensive. Even small tweaks here and there can be a big time sink. So I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I appreciate the personal time you take to work something like that. I look forward to a revamp be it minor or major.
Inkognito●GM Provocation

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:Thanks for clarifying. I'll see what we can do to re-arrange things. The reason the new player section was pushed down to where it is now, is because we had hopes of people using the Ask UOSA site, which does get it's fair share of bursts. It could probably be better promoted to make it more usable, something I plan to do a better job when I have time to revamp the current UOSA website structure this Spring.

I know the time invested in restructuring a website is extensive. Even small tweaks here and there can be a big time sink. So I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I appreciate the personal time you take to work something like that. I look forward to a revamp be it minor or major.

For now, I'll try and direct people to the pages above.
Inkognito●GM Provocation