bounty board on myuosa?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
vintirex

bounty board on myuosa?

Post by vintirex »

Whatcha think?

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: bounty board on myuosa?

Post by Abyz »

I think, why not?
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

I think this is a great idea. Putting an updated bounty board on MyUOSA has 2 interpretations for me, and I'll tell you why I think both are good.

1) Being able to bounty someone on MyUOSA with a gold dump system in-game that allows for you to randomly drop gold or a specific prize that a NPC would turn out to the person who turned in the bounty (which would have to start at the beginning of this system). If you just don't like someone, bounty them. It not only encourages community interaction between players, but it makes the social constructs of this server more apparent. There is a lot of drama that takes place on this server that would surely be more popularized by such a system.

2) Putting the current in-game bounty board on MyUOSA encourages PvP and actually putting bounties on those who commit murder. Having an option on MyUOSA (if not just having it posted on the main page since it's not really too long of a list) that shows who is bountied and for how much offers perspective for onlookers and participants. Players who used to play here or are looking to join this server can be made of aware of the current state of PvP and PKing. I imagine with a more public bounty board, there would be more bounties both real and fake (hi Eo and every PK who would waste 5k on themselves). As for the participants, if I knew that the bounty board was being used more actively I would make it a point to have a publicity thread for my own personal anti-PK efforts (which do exist, ask a lot of bards). This isn't a point about me, it's a point about the contention at hand. There are power structures on this server and I'm sure enough people like Trinitas would come flying into Destard to snipe someone like Lucifer if the circle of life that is the bounty board being public came to fruition, being that he would actually have a bounty by the sheer volume at which he PKs. There are more points, but this has gone on long enough.

Good idea +1

Edit: Era accuracy eliminates the possibility of #1. Kaivan just shit all over that idea in my head without me even thinking about it (unless it was an event as a prerequisite and trial for #2).
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

A ton of great ideas from a lot of different people. I love the era accurateness as much as the next person, but bending (not breaking) might really pay off dividends. The big events look like a epic blast, maybe theres a downfall to them i havent played long enough to know better, but a group of people trying to kill a ton of incoming threats is always a good time.

As for vegas ideas, now that could be a ton of fun. If the prizes were worth while, you could really see players going out of their way to hunt down targets. Would keep everyone on their toes and bring a big of excitement. Luckily im still in the farming/skill gain stage so i always have something going on. But watching IRC lately, everyone just begging for duals for something to do will someday grow old. Please dont let it grow old, i dig this server a ton.
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

:)
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

Sin Cloud

Post by Sin Cloud »

I ran this kind of service for a while on this server. It could be a lucrative business if done right.. I priced my targets at a low and affordable price simply because I had all the money I could ever need and was only seeking for the action and the hunt. I didn't do it for long simply because it is a very time consuming business and I didn't have the kind of time to make it into it's full potential.

Not only do I think this is a great idea but when I did this for the little time that I have.. I was told by numerous people (even my targets..) that they loved the idea also. Not only does it create more interaction between players but it also creates a new and creative way of making money in the wide open world we love called UO.

I wanted to make a guild (corporation lol) out of this complete with rankings and other things that could make it fun for everyone.. I just don't have the time anymore. If someone does this and follows through with it more than I was able to, I think it would bring a whole difference style to the PvP scene. Because this isn't just your standard PK bounty boards that we have built into the game.. where it's only catering to murderers. With this system ANYONE can get it. Red, blue, thieves, tamers.. whoever. All walks of life in our world could have a chance to be taken out as a target.. and it's far from PKing.. because you're not just killing randoms you run into throughout the world. You're going after SPECIFIC targets.

My 3 1/2 cents. :D

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

I thought what you did was stupid MV, because I was just a trammy back then. Now it's a pretty good idea. In fact, when another trammy wanted a couple of the 247 members taken care of he priced out a bounty system for me. I fulfilled 6 castle deeds worth, which I only spent about 700k in gear on over around a month. I thought it was great profit then. I'm only pointing this out as a counter to your point about low prices.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Sin Cloud

Post by Sin Cloud »

Capitalist wrote:I thought what you did was stupid MV, because I was just a trammy back then. Now it's a pretty good idea. In fact, when another trammy wanted a couple of the 247 members taken care of he priced out a bounty system for me. I fulfilled 6 castle deeds worth, which I only spent about 700k in gear on over around a month. I thought it was great profit then. I'm only pointing this out as a counter to your point about low prices.
Yeah, prices could have been raised drastically depending on who the target was. But I made it affordable for everyone just so I could get more action. It was fun for the short while that I ran the business. Hope to see someone continue this.

It could also create a war between RIVAL bounty hunters.. creating even more action. That was my whole goal really.. I wanted competition in the business. Which is MORE action for me! :D