banking buying houses and collecting money from vendors

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
kingkonan

banking buying houses and collecting money from vendors

Post by kingkonan »

bank checks and making buying a house have a trade window . would eliminate alot of scamming. and collecting money from vendor should go right to bank.these would not change the game play at all but would help fair trading and stop the scamming scum

Apocalypse

Re: banking buying houses and collecting money from vendors

Post by Apocalypse »

kingkonan wrote:bank checks and making buying a house have a trade window . would eliminate alot of scamming. and collecting money from vendor should go right to bank.these would not change the game play at all but would help fair trading and stop the scamming scum
While this would definitely make trading and house buying safer, these features weren't introduced until after our cutoff date and thus are deemed not era accurate.

kingkonan

Post by kingkonan »

era accuracy true but these wont change the game play except for the professional scammers. it would also protect new members to the game more than others. i mean seariusly era accuracy is more imortant than more players and a better gaming exp for all. i realy dont think so . at least in these banking and trading areas . I beleave these changes are an absolute must to better the whole shard. i mean come-on you can only buy a house on the trust that the other player will transfer a house to you after you already gave him all your money !!!! on the other hand i guess that if the 2-3 ppl that control the whole housing market are trustworthy , you might not have to worry about it !! ROFLMAO

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

You can always use a trusted broker. This shard has survived quite some time without these things (okay, checks were here for a bit but are now gone) and most players do just fine. I wouldn't say it's a "must" by any means. It protects nobody but the careless, IMO. I've done countless housing trades and many multi-million gp purchases in my time here, both as a buyer and a seller (and what I've done is far less than guys like Vega or Dyne) and I've never had a problem. Have I just been lucky? No. I've been smart about it. Scamming is part of T2A. Protect yourself. Buy and sell through the forums. Only deal with known "good guys". Use a broker if you're not sure about a buyer/seller.

kingkonan

Post by kingkonan »

sure vet players know how to play with these cruches. but new players to the shard have no idea . and its very hard to know who to trust or even how to get a trusted broker. when i got my first house i had no idea at all and just bought a house with hope i wasnt getting scammed . and you say it only protects the careless ,but isnt every new player to the shard unaware and careless . knowing only what is told to them. and who the hell are trusted brokers. they have no idea how to set this up or even who to ask. its all just moronic to ignore this for era acc!!!!! wish you could even have a clue of how many ppl start accounts and leave because banking and buying is so difficult for a new player . besides the fact that most new players dont even know about, or how to use the forums. i didnt even get on them till i was here for a year!! hell its hard enough just trying to get somewhere while new when everywhere ya go ,ya get pk'ed and they take everything and even kill your ride . makes no sence not to make it easier for the young players to get established in the game, and keep them playing. your veiws are like a elderly person whos just to stubbern to change, or your one of the scammers like your stamps suggest hand me you house deed i will place it for you,or your t-maps i will dig them up for you !!! ROFLMAO no wonder your against these ideas

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

kingkonan wrote:sure vet players know how to play with these cruches. but new players to the shard have no idea . and its very hard to know who to trust or even how to get a trusted broker. when i got my first house i had no idea at all and just bought a house with hope i wasnt getting scammed . and you say it only protects the careless ,but isnt every new player to the shard unaware and careless . knowing only what is told to them. and who the hell are trusted brokers. they have no idea how to set this up or even who to ask. its all just moronic to ignore this for era acc!!!!! wish you could even have a clue of how many ppl start accounts and leave because banking and buying is so difficult for a new player . besides the fact that most new players dont even know about, or how to use the forums. i didnt even get on them till i was here for a year!! hell its hard enough just trying to get somewhere while new when everywhere ya go ,ya get pk'ed and they take everything and even kill your ride . makes no sence not to make it easier for the young players to get established in the game, and keep them playing. your veiws are like a elderly person whos just to stubbern to change, or your one of the scammers like your stamps suggest hand me you house deed i will place it for you,or your t-maps i will dig them up for you !!! ROFLMAO no wonder your against these ideas
My reputation speaks for itself. Not a single player here can honestly say I've wronged them in the slightest (I think). Re-read my house placement thread. I place the house with my own deed and offer the option of taking the house down and letting the player place their own. Risk free for the player. I understand your position, kingkonan, and I sympathize. However, T2A always had a huge learning curve at the beginning. That's the way it was back then. Since this shard aims to recreate that era, the same is true for it. I was new here once too. I understood the risks and took steps to ensure my safety. Countless others have been in the same boat and avoided getting scammed.

It would also be safer for new players if we created, say, a separate world that's a mirror image of the one we live in. Except in that world, it's not possible to kill other players. Then new players could farm gold in peace without worrying about losing their hard earned gp's. We should totally do that! I'll talk to Derrick... :roll:

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

My first interaction with Apocalypse was to trick him into selling me a house for way too cheap. Even after being wronged by me he's always been legit (over a year now). He does get lucky sometimes with IDOCs, and I hate him for that =(
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

kingkonan

Post by kingkonan »

sorry for attacking your rep . but i dont think a trammel is what we need. i do still stand tall on my changes. they would not change the acual game play at all only make it easier to get back to playing