The biggest and most trammel error possible

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
NONAMEALLSTAR

The biggest and most trammel error possible

Post by NONAMEALLSTAR »

In UOSA you can HEAL (via magery) through POISON. You cannot heal via bandage through poison, you must cure it first. There is NO DEX bonus to bandage heal time.

IF you had an idea of playing here, just know that. There is one template. Hally Mage. (VERY ERA ACCURATE).

How is this in any way shape or form acceptable?

Oh, that's right everyone is a hally mage and if you aren't, you go to an actual "era accurate" server or at least one that isn't accommodating to one pvp style.

Heal through poison #1 reason I left.
No variety #2.
Vet controlled #3.
No end game #4.
Not even close to era accurate #5 (unless just not having tram counts)
Not enough players #5, the same 12 vets on 200 accounts doesn't really count it as "active".
Mage who has the better hally wins #6, (great mechanics btw)
Only 12 active players #6.
No GM involvement #7.

The list could never end.

/derp

Capitalist

Re: The biggest and most trammel error possible

Post by Capitalist »

Find the patch notes you raging drama queen.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

NONAMEALLSTAR

Post by NONAMEALLSTAR »

really, you remember being able to heal through poison at any time at all in your UO career that wasn't UOSA?

OooOooO drama queen, got me good bro. Granted you don't give a shit cause you play the only pvp spec on the server, granted you suck at it. But hey that isn't what matters here. What matters is that the server is so broken you can HEAL (VIA MAGERY ONLY) through poison? LOL.

WTF is the point of poison?

and there are no patch notes, since the game came out. YOU MUST CURE BEFORE HEAL. PERIOD.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

While I appreciate your enthusiasm, it was possible to heal a poisoned character with magery during the entirety of T2A. It was not until UOR that you needed to cure a player before they could be healed via magery.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

nubnub
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by nubnub »

NONAMEALLSTAR wrote:really, you remember being able to heal through poison at any time at all in your UO career that wasn't UOSA?

OooOooO drama queen, got me good bro. Granted you don't give a shit cause you play the only pvp spec on the server, granted you suck at it. But hey that isn't what matters here. What matters is that the server is so broken you can HEAL (VIA MAGERY ONLY) through poison? LOL.

and there are no patch notes, since the game came out. YOU MUST CURE BEFORE HEAL. PERIOD.
Lasted a month... because you don't even know what era you're playing. UO:R misses you... :cry:

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

NONAMEALLSTAR wrote:really, you remember being able to heal through poison at any time at all in your UO career that wasn't UOSA?

https://web.archive.org/web/20000511084 ... n_196.html

^^^Renaissance publish, April 28, 2000 (after our cutoff date)
You will not be able to heal a poisoned character through any method (healing skill, spells, potions, etc.) until they are first cured of the poison.
Clearly, this was a change that happened with the Renaissance publish and would not be accurate if implemented on UOSA.

Denis the Menace

Post by Denis the Menace »

NONAMEALLSTAR wrote: YOU MUST CURE BEFORE HEAL. PERIOD.

I stopped playing UO when this ruled applied because it changed PVP in a bad way.

What I'am missing here is that reactive armour protected you from spell attacks if you stood next to your opponent. This made it possible to fight 1 vs 6 and so on... so a good player could also kill 6 ppl. alone (my max. was 1 vs 24 ppl. if i renember right)

Ill Gates

Post by Ill Gates »

Denis the Menace wrote:
NONAMEALLSTAR wrote: YOU MUST CURE BEFORE HEAL. PERIOD.

I stopped playing UO when this ruled applied because it changed PVP in a bad way.

What I'am missing here is that reactive armour protected you from spell attacks if you stood next to your opponent. This made it possible to fight 1 vs 6 and so on... so a good player could also kill 6 ppl. alone (my max. was 1 vs 24 ppl. if i renember right)

(SaberOwnsVega) i will have better future than u got atm im telling u id be richer for edecational and 10X SMARTER
(SaberOwnsVega) garentee'd

[01:45] == #secondage Cannot join channel (+b) - you are banned

Still Standing

Post by Still Standing »

I fight 1v24 everyday all the time. I also never die.
[09:24] <@Derrick> If you donate, and you need to get bailed out of Jail in Penobscot County, Maine in the next year, I'll come get you personally.

[19:35] <Owned_By_A_Girl> No, the doctor poked me too hard.(Along with half the shard)