Sea Serpents and Tinkering menu

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Fireball
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Sea Serpents and Tinkering menu

Post by Fireball »

Hi,

I have seen sea serpents in the shallows around Vesper. I was certain that sea serpents were only found in deep water so I Googled it and found this patch note from April 1999:

Mini-Update Published To All Shards Mar 28 1999 9:37AM CST
##Sea Serpents: ##Sea Serpents can only be found in really deep water.
##A small percentage of Sea Serpents will be Deep-Sea Serpents.
##Sea Serpents will return to deep water after 5 minutes if not attacked.
##Sea Serpents will now immediately attack the fisherman that brought them from the deep.

Also on the same page was a note about the trial of the new crafting menu system which was operational for the tinkering craft:

New tinkering menu, pets, auto-stacking, and more. May 25 1999 9:41AM CST
##Skills ##Tinkering ##Tinkering will have a new menu with tabbed pages. We are testing out this menu style with this skill before adopting its use for all skills.
##"Make Last Item" is now an option on the tinkering menu. Choosing this will simply try to make the last tinker item you made.

Next, the alchemy skill mixing spam was removed: (I'm sure we will all be glad for this one!)

##Spam and overlong delays are being removed from the following skills: ##Alchemy

Finally, I have wondered about strongboxes. Having found an era screenshot in my old UO folder, I am pleased to show this from the Nov 99 patch notes and I humbly request that we might have strongboxes added to UOSA.

4Co-owners Nov 23 1999 2:50PM CST
##Co-owners can also place one secure container, called a "strongbox". ##To place a strongbox the co-owner must say, "I wish to place a strongbox". The strongbox will appear at your feet.
##The strongbox can only be accessed by the co-owner who placed it and the owner of the house.
##A strongbox can hold up to 25 items and has no weight restrictions. Note that the strongbox is a secure container, but items in the box do not count against the total number of lockdowns for that house. These strongboxes are additional storage.
##A strongbox belonging to a co-owner that is removed will become unsecure (and subject to decay) as soon as it is accessed again.
##Other characters on the same account that are being treated as co-owners will NOT be able to place a strongbox.

Link to UOSecondAge wiki:
http://wiki.uosecondage.com/1999_Patch_Notes

Thanks
FB