MIB's

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Dragor
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

MIB's

Post by Dragor »

I recently gave a MIB I fished up to a friend who extracted the SOS from the MIB, he sailed to the spot but couldn't fish up the chest? the wiki says anyone can fish up a MIB chest? Has this changed or do you need to have some level of fishing to "fish it up". I took my GM fisher out to spot with friend and I fished it up first cast.

My friend had the SOS in his backpack and he was directly on spot. (he had no fishing skills).

thanks

Dragor

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: MIB's

Post by Kaivan »

As far as I'm aware, we do not have any requirements for actually fishing up an MIB.

Your friend may not have been within the approximate vicinity of the MIB (e.g. on the edge of the MIB location and perhaps casting his line outside of the location), or he did not spend enough time attempting to fish it up. Also, when attempting to fish up an MIB, it may take more than one cast to pull up the chest; you'll know whether you're in the right area based on whether you sometimes pull up shipwreck items or not.

It may be worth getting your friend to complete another MIB and attempting to be very near the exact coordinates of the shipwreck itself. If he can't pull up shipwreck items or the MIB, we'll look to see what the current requirements are in the code.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Dragor
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Dragor »

thanks Kaivan, we will try it again. I inputted the cords in uoam so we were almost right on top of it.

Demetrius

Post by Demetrius »

I also had the same problem. So I gave my toon 2% fishing and then I started fishing them up no problem. It does take more casts if your skill is low but you will get a chest.
"The secret to acting is to never let them catch you doing it"
-Marlon Brando