UPDATE SILVER REWARDS PLS

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: UPDATE SILVER REWARDS PLS

Post by Soma »

Capitalist wrote:Also, why would they get rid of Level 2 and 3 rares?

Level 2:

Spittoon
Tray
Whip

^ Do not spawn.
As far as I'm aware whips still spawn - I think I have one or two lying around... either way the item list could do with a touch up.
Some nerd wrote: Level 3:

Tarot Cards
Blood Tile

^ Do not spawn.
Blood tiles do spawn, they just can't be picked up due to some LOS change aaaaages ago.

PLS POST GOOD IDEAS, AND NOT SHITPOSTINGS KTHXBYE.
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:I'm going to work on bringing this conversation up with the others. If you have suggestions for new items, drop suggestions in here. Obviously OSI's "Vet Rewards" are not a good lead-by example because they've gotten pretty strange over the years.

However, think about items that were rare in T2A due to being discontinued (eg: tent deeds - purely a collectible, not usable) but also other "house decor" items would be acceptable. Statues, decorative ankhs, (some) floor tiles, and other "every day UO" items that you can't normally obtain but are in the World.

Include screenshots when possible.
Yeah 99% of the vet rewards OSI have added are retarded, in no way do I want anything like ethys, seed boxes etc.

Cool stuff I wouldn't mind added:

Strongbox (purely cosmetic, it existed in our era of housing but had a proper functional purpose which I don't want) Image

Vines (I vaguely recall the castle outside Minoc on Baja having vines although I'm not sure if this was in our era, I could be mistaken

Water Barrels (This was DEFINITELY in era)

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

The spawning whip and silver whip are different. In fact, the silver reward whip is silver hued. There is one on the castle part of my museum
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

TI_Smithy

Post by TI_Smithy »

I have argued that the stretched hide and mallet/chisels was possibly in era via forced spawn method.

Some more ideas:

savage kin paints - 1 time use, lost on death
Mini House Statue Deed

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

There are two shackles. They're births and owned already.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

I know its a little after this era but etherals would be so great here.

If you guys want people to log in, do a reward system this anniversary for people who have had accounts that are 5+ years old and stuff.
Just like OSI did, let them choose between etherals, statues etc;
The stupid dismount and telling your pet to "follow" every 5 minutes is retarded and everyone just has it hot keyed.
Put etherals in.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Myrnae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Myrnae »

Hey Menk are you back or still playing SB too?

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Keep suggestions coming in. This post isn't being ignored, I plan to review the thread later this month and will organize player suggestions in an easier to consume format so the other Staffers can discuss changes to the silver system for 2015.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

The Derrick pming Joshua Lee suggestion was probably the most constructive so far. /joke

I propose full or partially full bookcases go down to the 150 or 200 silver bracket. This encourages deco fanatics and casual deco lovers alike to have something more academic to strive for in the rewards without being the uppermost tier of wealth on the server. The high bracket they are in right now doesn't encourage players ever to invest in them over the other options. Therefore it being an option at its current silver exchange rate fails as a currency sink and frankly not an accurate depiction of its desirability.

There are other items that need price review but thus is just one that stands out to me. I'll share more constructive input on others when I get some downtime this week.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Suggestion:

Remove all spawning rares form the silver reward list, most if not all of these are not worth it for the silver value, they can be purchased from players at dramatically lower prices. (Spawning rares should also be addressed, we need a lot more things to collect)

Add as many cosmetic home decor items as possible and reduce cost greatly. It shouldn't take a month of grinding just to get something non craft-able for your home. It would be nice to see moderate home decor items more accessible to the average player.

Custom GM creations (with boundries) for the highest of silver rewards. Something similar to town add-ons but smaller in scale and no upkeep required. I think this is already somewhat in place.

Pick a monster of the month to drop silver (Janurary is Troll month! Trolls will have a chance to drop silver) or something like that. The idea behind this is to encourage players to farm monsters that aren't normally farmed because of bad loot tables.

Create an NPC vendor that sells silver rewards. Nothing mechanically inaccurate, just have him accept silver instead of gold and stock him with all the silver rewards (besides the Custom GM creation one obviously). Furthermore, give the NPC some flare, put him somewhere in the world and build him a cool little shop.

Expanding on NPC: I would like to see themed NPC silver vendors - See Bob the miner at X mine who sells all mining related silver rewards. See Kelly the alchemist at her tiny hut in hoppers bog for all alchemy related rewards...... etc.

Im glad to see changes coming to this outdated system. Ty Boomland for all the work on this! Hope my suggestions help.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

inkognito wrote:The Derrick pming Joshua Lee suggestion was probably the most constructive so far. /joke

I propose full or partially full bookcases go down to the 150 or 200 silver bracket. This encourages deco fanatics and casual deco lovers alike to have something more academic to strive for in the rewards without being the uppermost tier of wealth on the server. The high bracket they are in right now doesn't encourage players ever to invest in them over the other options. Therefore it being an option at its current silver exchange rate fails as a currency sink and frankly not an accurate depiction of its desirability.

There are other items that need price review but thus is just one that stands out to me. I'll share more constructive input on others when I get some downtime this week.
I bet the guy who paid 1k silver for the full -and- partial bookcase a piece would be delighted that the promised uniques would now be common rares!

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

I bet the guy that paid millions for hued furniture before the furny tub change was delighted too.

Change happens, deal with it and stop crying.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Rose wrote: Remove all spawning rares form the silver reward list, most if not all of these are not worth it for the silver value, they can be purchased from players at dramatically lower prices. (Spawning rares should also be addressed, we need a lot more things to collect)
The spawning rares in the silver system is just simply another way to gather an item without having to hunt down rares on the market or to learn the location and time of the spawns. It may be overly expensive, but that is relative (as silver prices are very dynamic.)

Rose wrote: Custom GM creations (with boundries) for the highest of silver rewards. Something similar to town add-ons but smaller in scale and no upkeep required. I think this is already somewhat in place.
The 1,000 silver reward is essentially this, with except that it has to be within a household currently.

Rose wrote: Add as many cosmetic home decor items as possible and reduce cost greatly. It shouldn't take a month of grinding just to get something non craft-able for your home. It would be nice to see moderate home decor items more accessible to the average player.

Pick a monster of the month to drop silver (Janurary is Troll month! Trolls will have a chance to drop silver) or something like that. The idea behind this is to encourage players to farm monsters that aren't normally farmed because of bad loot tables.
I suspect in 2015, as you saw with late 2014, that silver has and will become more common, but not handed out freely. I have a slew of events ranging from storyline events (invasions, world spawn, dungeon crawls, festivals, etc), along side the weekly tournaments and matches. Silver will be more accessible for those who put the effort into getting it (vs how it was the last few years where the effort was farming gold, to locate a silver seller)

Rose wrote: Create an NPC vendor that sells silver rewards. Nothing mechanically inaccurate, just have him accept silver instead of gold and stock him with all the silver rewards (besides the Custom GM creation one obviously). Furthermore, give the NPC some flare, put him somewhere in the world and build him a cool little shop.
I've thought about this. I like the idea of a "self served silver vendor" but having players meet a GM to get their items also lets us see how fast the silver economy is moving and could help us catch users exploiting bugs or mistakes to gain a massive silver advantage (as seen in the past, one player was farming silver from an common creature spawn for an unknown duration - this was revealed sometime within the last year.) I wouldn't rule an NPC out, but I wouldn't count on one showing up anytime soon.

=============================

Change to this system will come, mostly with new items (a few suggested here, a few suggested in IRC), and some items will receive a price adjustment. It's hard to predict what is considered "expensive" in the silver system right now because of the influx of new silver and player behavior. Some people are still in a silver hoarding mode and some are realizing they can spend it freely and re-gain it quicker than the last 2-3 years.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Dragor
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Dragor »

What about a turning in rares for silver? If already addressed disregard.

Dragor

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

This isn't something we would add, given the fact that we can't differentiate between rares picked up off of the ground versus rares that were acquired via the system. Also, it would change the entire face of the system, which isn't something that we would like to do. The silver system isn't meant to be a free flowing purchase system that allows players to exchange silver for items in a flexible fashion, and for little expense.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org