Inaccuracy: I must consider my sins!

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Haart-Napa

Inaccuracy: I must consider my sins!

Post by Haart-Napa »

Not that I really care, but for the sake of accuracy... When i played during t2a (or i think osi period) I never remember the screen telling you how many long and short term counts you had.. I remember having to take that risk of going red IF you thought you had less than four counts.. Here it tells you how many short and long term you have.. on OSI I remember just getting the basic "Fear not thou hast not..." or "Although thou hast slain... " ect ect... is this just because on the runuo software?
Smoke weed everyday!

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Inaccuracy: I must consider my sins!

Post by RoadKill »

Haart-Napa wrote:Not that I really care, but for the sake of accuracy... When i played during t2a (or i think osi period) I never remember the screen telling you how many long and short term counts you had.. I remember having to take that risk of going red IF you thought you had less than four counts.. Here it tells you how many short and long term you have.. on OSI I remember just getting the basic "Fear not thou hast not..." or "Although thou hast slain... " ect ect... is this just because on the runuo software?
Well there was never a risk involved. The body of text indicates if you're in stat or not. As for showing Long Term/Short Term, I'm not really sure when OSI added that in
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Michael Malloy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Michael Malloy »

RoadKill wrote: Well there was never a risk involved. The body of text indicates if you're in stat or not. As for showing Long Term/Short Term, I'm not really sure when OSI added that in
What he's saying is, that here you can see that you have a certain # of Long Term counts, while on OSI it only informed you of statloss. The 'risk' he speaks of is going from blue->red, not from statloss->none.

As far as I can remember, and I believe Adam Ant has a bunch of screenies in his old adventures, it indeed did not tell you the number of counts you had.

edit: Here's a couple.

From this episode.

and here's IN stat, from this one.

Both are his pre-UO:R episodes.

Haart-Napa

Post by Haart-Napa »

bump
Smoke weed everyday!

Sylvester

Post by Sylvester »

I remember that as well, you could never tell..

d'Troyes
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by d'Troyes »

Yep, was a PITA when you forgot. I don't recall there being an actual number either for long/short term counts.
"Everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for it." - Publilius Syrus (~100 BC)

Finesse

Post by Finesse »

this topic is correct it was added with trammel.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

i concur
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Creager

Post by Creager »

T2A Patch notes:

You will be able to determine whether you will receive stat loss on resurrection. If you say "I must consider my sins" you will receive a message about your murder count.

If you have no murder count, and you are not currently red, you will get "Fear not, thou hast not slain the innocent."

If you have been reported, but currently have no murder count, you will get "Fear not, thou hast not slain the innocent in some time." (even if you are red)

If you have murder count, but it is not enough to result in stat loss, you will get "Although thou hast slain the innocent, thy deeds shall not bring retribution upon thy return to the living." (even if you are red)

If you are liable for stat loss, you will get "If thou should return to the land of the living, the innocent shall wreak havoc upon thy soul."

More Facts: (ping-pong for perma red)

Another new counter we term "pingpong" will be added. This counter increases each time you go red.

If this counter reaches five, you will be permanently red (meaning, you will be attackable. You will not suffer stat loss unless your murder count is also high).

This counter does not decay.
Jono | Carnous | Micro

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

There is no mention of it displaying the counts... Bring it on!

Will be a sweet change.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

i macroed off counts durig t2a and there was no such luxury, was just a guessing game
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Haart-Napa

Post by Haart-Napa »

:) :) :) im glad i bumped this back up.. wierd little stuff like this is what makes it feel/look like t2a
Smoke weed everyday!

Haart-Napa

Post by Haart-Napa »

Dont mean to beat a dead horse..

Derrick!! there was a slight mistake that ive noticed with the fix. I murdered 2 players last night and when i considered my sins it said "fear not for thou hast not slain in some time.." that should only apear when you have 0 short term counts.. when you have 5 or less short term counts the message should read "Although thou hast slain the innocent thy deeds shall not bring retribtution upon your return to the living" or somthing and then the statloss message.. I believe the only ones you have in effect right now is the stat and the 0 short terms... the in between is missing :)
Smoke weed everyday!

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This is the way it should work I belive. I'll glance at the code again to be sure this is accurate:
  • If you have counts, but < 5, the message is:
    • "Fear not, thou hast not slain the innocent in some time..."
    If you have no counts, the message is:
    • "Fear not, thou hast not slain the innocent."
    If you are red have < 5 shorts the message is:
    • "Although thou hast slain the innocent, thy deeds shall not bring retribution upon thy return to the living."
    If you have > 5 shorts, the message is:
    • "If thou should return to the land of the living, the innocent shall wreak havoc upon thy soul."

Looking at this again though, I think you may be right

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Ok, reinterpreted, sorry about the confusion:
  • If you have more than 5 short terms:
    • "If thou should return to the land of the living, the innocent shall wreak havoc upon thy soul."
    If you have more than zero short terms:
    • Although thou hast slain the innocent, thy deeds shall not bring retribution upon thy return to the living.
    If you have zero short terms, but more than zero long terms:
    • Fear not, thou hast not slain the innocent in some time...
    No long or Short term counts:
    • Fear not, thou hast not slain the innocent.
Maybe it's just me, but the OSI description quoted above couldn't be more poorly worded.