Gold Sink

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
TI_Smithy

Gold Sink

Post by TI_Smithy »

I think I offered this suggestion in the past inside a different thread.

Short and simple...

- Can NOT be resold to vendor
- Silver valuation just for reference to cost of unique 1k silver reward uniques

Small Stone/Marble Workshop - 100 mill (5,555 silver @ 18k per)
Small Stone Tower - 125 mill
Sandstone House with Patio - 150 mill
2 Story Log Cabin - 200 mill
2 Story Villa - 300 mill
Marble House with Patio - 400 mill (22,222 silver @ 18k per)

Capitalist

Re: Gold Sink

Post by Capitalist »

I would buy 4 of these.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

I think the prices are too high. Are they supposed to be purchased only with silver? Or gold?

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

While the prices are exaggerated, it addresses two important points about an almost 7 year old server.

1) The houses are supposed to be for the elite only, since they aren't era accurate and staff has always been as a whole in favor of adding rewards for those who work hard enough to achieve them.

2) It's a new end game. Albeit, it's a stupid end game. But, so are neons and masks. Anyway, the most inspired players are typically the richest. Thus, if you give a bunch of silver tongue speaking, neck breaking, no life nerd having players (pick which adjective(s) you'd like to apply to yourself) the ability to one up each other, they will.

Not for this thread: There does need to be a new end-game to inspire players to invite their friends help them achieve victory.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

TI_Smithy

Post by TI_Smithy »

The idea is that the costs are so high that the world wont be full of these houses. Perhaps make them unique and only allow 1 of each type to be sold. @ my prices if these were all sold that would be 1 billion+ gold removed from the market.

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

TI_Smithy wrote:The idea is that the costs are so high that the world wont be full of these houses. Perhaps make them unique and only allow 1 of each type to be sold. @ my prices if these were all sold that would be 1 billion+ gold removed from the market.

The problem with your 'gold sink' idea here is that this won't create a gold sink. What it will do is it will just make people that want these farm for more gold.

A good gold sink idea will offer items that most of the market can afford with a few larger items. A perfect example would be when BF put neon hair dyes and name change deeds on a vendor. Items that are expensive and consumable are best.

montier

Post by montier »

Robbbb wrote: Items that are expensive and consumable are best.
I agree with this part..

I dont know enough about how much money the richest players have, to make any kind of judgement on whether 1 billion will make any difference to economy.

I also agree with vega. a new "end game" would be cool