Clicking house signs as a ghost

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Capitalist

Re: Clicking house signs as a ghost

Post by Capitalist »

nevermind wrote:this went into efect today
Truth. Inb4 every idoc's timer announced
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

I cant say for certain this was removed purely to spite Telemon, but it sure felt that way. I think he was taking screenshots with a macro and then using a VB script and a third party file hash tool to watch for decay status changes. None if which is illegal, as the third party app checks .jpg files in the Windows file system rather than the game environment.

Genius.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Malaikat wrote:I cant say for certain this was removed purely to spite Telemon, but it sure felt that way. I think he was taking screenshots with a macro and then using a VB script and a third party file hash tool to watch for decay status changes. None if which is illegal, as the third party app checks .jpg files in the Windows file system rather than the game environment.

Genius.

Na, this change was made when I was still very active playing. Telamon didn't come around until later. I talked to Derrick about this change at length before he made it. It was to counter a third party script that clicked house signs and logged the status to an xml file, then it calculated the idoc windows automatically.

I'm not saying it was the right change to make, but that's why it was made. It was a looong time ago, I'm surprised it's only now being mentioned.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
Malaikat wrote:I cant say for certain this was removed purely to spite Telemon, but it sure felt that way. I think he was taking screenshots with a macro and then using a VB script and a third party file hash tool to watch for decay status changes. None if which is illegal, as the third party app checks .jpg files in the Windows file system rather than the game environment.

Genius.

Na, this change was made when I was still very active playing. Telamon didn't come around until later. I talked to Derrick about this change at length before he made it. It was to counter a third party script that clicked house signs and logged the status to an xml file, then it calculated the idoc windows automatically.

I'm not saying it was the right change to make, but that's why it was made. It was a looong time ago, I'm surprised it's only now being mentioned.
They can't actively detect things like this. Thus, it will happen again. The only way to solve this issue is to have players reporting it to staff. Once a player reports it to staff, the staff almost all of the time says that they cannot provide the evidence to support the claim, so the reporter must become a magician and hack the other person's computer to solidify their claim. After failed reports of obvious cheating, that which staff cannot monitor, anyone reporting such incidents will become disgruntled or exhausted and stop doing so.

Example: Players have regularly admitted to using third party programs throughout their entire existence on UOSA in private and nothing has been done about it 95% of the time. Statistic guessed based on observational experience.

What I'm really trying to say is that rare collectors, TG, and old IDOCers like Eo will soon be at almost every IDOC.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

I can't make it to every idoc until my drinking bird mechanical clicking contraption is completed, and it doesn't arrive until tomorrow :(
Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:I should have never defended you, turns out your exactly how the guild described you.. SCUM.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Just so everyone's aware, we have tools in place for monitoring this type of activity, and anyone found using extra tools beyond Razor to log house sign decay will be handled appropriately.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

Kaivan wrote:Just so everyone's aware, we have tools in place for monitoring this type of activity, and anyone found using extra tools beyond Razor to log house sign decay will be handled appropriately.

VB.Robbbb = language

Sendkeys leftclick = undetectable

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Feel free to assume that a given tool isn't detectable.

For anyone who believes that a player is monitoring a house in this manner, please send in a page and we'll look into it.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org