Exchange gold for usuables to deflate the economy

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Exchange gold for usuables to deflate the economy

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

slyyoungstar wrote:Also, curious on the population and vets support if that new clean slate was created with the caveat that it would be wiped maybe once every 12 or 24 months. That way we have a consistent original server, and a second that gives us an outlet for those who like fresh starts occasionally and have the countdown timer publicized so nobody starts the last month unaware, etc.
Instead of picking a set time to wipe the shard, create a save the shard event. The gargoyles are back and if they win the war the server is wiped. The war won't be won just with dragons, unique IPs need to log in and fight off the gargoyles. A handful of people with dragons and EVs just won't get it done.
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

Phase one is forcing all houses to be condemned, requiring all original house owners to refresh their shit or drop.
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

Soma wrote:Phase one is forcing all houses to be condemned, requiring all original house owners to refresh their shit or drop.
Also, logging into friends accounts for "maintenance" prohibited for this period.
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

SirEricKain
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by SirEricKain »

Drunk'n Disorder wrote:
Soma wrote:Phase one is forcing all houses to be condemned, requiring all original house owners to refresh their shit or drop.
Also, logging into friends accounts for "maintenance" prohibited for this period.
I posed a solution to this but it got turned down sadly.
Sir Eric Kain,
King of Shadowmire

Deyash

Post by Deyash »

Someone here got my interest about GM weps and armor. I do remember people playing most of the time with their crafter, chatting and selling at the bank.

But as you said, no one would be interested in anything less that force/vanq.

So, I thought we need a place where the most powerfull thing will be GM.

I caannot go any further as every idea I have about this goes to PvP or to nonsense, but im thinking about a dungeon where you wont be able to enter with magic items, nor magic items will spawn. The price there may be other (maybe silver or winning a competition, as last-man-standing or maybe achieving the most time alive in there within a period of time, daily or weekly).

The reason for this is I remember the price of housing to be affected for being near a mining spot, even the house was far from any city. Now, who cares about craftmanship?

Excuse my english, im playing from Spain and I try my best :)

Deyash

Post by Deyash »

Just a funny note:

While I was writing the previous post, I was killed in Brit bank by a char named "No more AFK" and when I finished and realized I was dead, on my way to the healer the system message of "the system will restart shortly, no more saves" popped out

I lost everything on my char for the server!

Should I be named king, or at least Baron, for my dedication? I think not. Its just my bad luck and some crazy people together, hehe.

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

I don't think gold has lost its value. I think its just something people think.

I'm not one for calling people out, but many players who feign being the wealthiest are actually just the most vocal on what they have and they exaggerate to the point of lying. These players also seem to have most of their wealth tied into rares that they are now unable to sell.

That being said, the very top tier of wealthy players do actually need something to sink their gold into.

For the people with 10+ million in gold across their accounts and that have premium properties and homes full of rares, it has very obviously become a situation of "what do i even spend this gold on?".

I personally would love an option to buy something exotic. Couldn't tell you what that thing is.

Also very new players need a less harsh environment to accumulate their wealth while honing their skills.

New players obviously stick around after getting about 200k and a home.

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

Recently, I have been interested in purchasing sets of Tarot cards.
*shrug* I believe a vendor that actually sells silver would actually accomplish many things pointed out on this thread.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

lol Taboo writing essays again
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.