bowcraft/lumber

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Lamer
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

bowcraft/lumber

Post by Lamer »

hey guys first of all thanks for running this shard :)

2 things i ran into that are definitely not correct

1. provisoners not buying bows, they did from 97 to ??
2. wear and tear from lumberjacking... every ~1k of profit when making bows and selling them 1 axe? pls NEVER maybe every 10k i did need 1 axe

Zeppelin
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: bowcraft/lumber

Post by Zeppelin »

Lamer wrote:hey guys first of all thanks for running this shard :)

2. wear and tear from lumberjacking... every ~1k of profit when making bows and selling them 1 axe? pls NEVER maybe every 10k i did need 1 axe

Do we have evidence to support these claims?

Lamer
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Lamer »

Zeppelin wrote:
Lamer wrote:hey guys first of all thanks for running this shard :)

Do we have evidence to support these claims?
you wont find evidence on everything someone notices uo changed too much in too short time even from 97 to 99 and by far not everything is logged in patchnotes and/or stratics... if you really want to build a second age generation identical shard you just have to trust ppl... i mean whats my profit telling you this if its not true? a few gp for an axe and 10 footsteps in a different direction to sell bows? im out of this lumber/bowcraft thing anyway just did it for a few startup bucks

Jakob

Post by Jakob »

Well, obviously you've got some sort of scheme going on!!

Hehe, it's just that the requirements for changing something needs evidence. This is a fundamentalistic/extremist era accuracyistic place, you'll notice! And it's what has kept our holy shard pure.
Lankgord: Hello. I'm New To The Server. Any Drama Going On Lately?

[20:38] <newYorK>i love how franz is in game robbing me while im reading his comic
[20:38] <newYorK> priceless

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

I'm not sure whether the previous comment was said in jest, but we do require evidence before making any mechanical change to the game. Given that, I've done some brief research regarding bows selling to provisioners and have confirmed that they do not purchase them here on UOSA, and that they do purchase them on the demo, and did purchase them during and even after the era. This also extends to crossbows and heavy crossbows.

As for the durability of axes, I have not found any information one way or the other on this subject. This is something worth looking into to see if information can be gleaned regarding axe durability.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Jakob

Post by Jakob »

Kaivan wrote:I'm not sure whether the previous comment was said in jest, but we do require evidence before making any mechanical change to the game. Given that, I've done some brief research regarding bows selling to provisioners and have confirmed that they do not purchase them here on UOSA, and that they do purchase them on the demo, and did purchase them during and even after the era. This also extends to crossbows and heavy crossbows.

As for the durability of axes, I have not found any information one way or the other on this subject. This is something worth looking into to see if information can be gleaned regarding axe durability.
Kaivan, it was in jest and to describe the importance of era accuracy! Only with friendly intent! I'm in full agreement with this shard's principles, and you're doing an awesome job with it!

P.S. There's only one era accuracy, and Kaivan is it's prophet. D.S.
Lankgord: Hello. I'm New To The Server. Any Drama Going On Lately?

[20:38] <newYorK>i love how franz is in game robbing me while im reading his comic
[20:38] <newYorK> priceless

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

i know it's worth nothing but i always felt tools broke to easy, some more then others id be interested to see if any data could be found on them .
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Lamer
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Lamer »

as i remember the durability at the moment on this shard is close (but a little worse) to UO:R maybe even later on, shortly b4 i stopped playing on osi shards... im not sure but i think there was a statement on this (dunno if in patch notes or elsewhere) that they did it because gathering/crafting skills didnt cost as much stuff as fighting did

i would search for evidence myself but im too busy getting pked atm sry :P

Zeppelin
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zeppelin »

Kaivan wrote:I'm not sure whether the previous comment was said in jest...........

Is UO some kind of game? NO. NO jokes.

Patek
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Patek »

As much weight as it holds without a picture or direct reference I can confirm that on Atlantic that provisioners did purchase bows/crossbows/heavys. I did a lot of bowcrafting back then as I was on dialup to a US server and so knew every place to hit to sell and the Brit provisioners next to the jewelers definitely bought them.