Era Accuracy? Ghosts can now call guards...

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Happy Gilmore

Era Accuracy? Ghosts can now call guards...

Post by Happy Gilmore »

I believe this is a recent change to uosa. I had a problem with people spamming guards in west brit bank while macroing. They would be getting my thief wacked while being afk. My solution was purple potting these "guard" spammers so I could go along with my business. However as of recently ghosts can now call guards. I don't remember this being the case back in the day. Can anyone confirm any of this?

Apocalypse

Re: Era Accuracy? Ghosts can now call guards...

Post by Apocalypse »

Interesting. I wonder if this means that ghosts can now ban people from houses too...

Anarcho
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Anarcho »

Unfortunately undocumented, but I can confirm that this came into effect in Patch 28 - April 3rd, 2008 and it has been the same way ever since.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Anarcho wrote:Unfortunately undocumented, but I can confirm that this came into effect in Patch 28 - April 3rd, 2008 and it has been the same way ever since.
yeah with out checking that patch did los change to or something with that i remember this changing forever ago.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

This is a rather old change, even before I came on board. As to its credibility, I don't know think that the ability to call guards while a ghost has been verified in any capacity.

Edit: A brief test on the demo shows that it is not possible to call guards on someone while dead. I'll see if other information corroborates this position.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Ghosts have been able to call guards ever since I've been playing here (6 years).

Once Sinister and I pked Romeo and Juliette in Tera keep, all four of us were red. Romeo went down just before the star room, Juliette died just as she was fleeing for the star room gate, her corpse ended up at the yew moongate. Sinister went in to loot and got guard whacked because Juliette's murderer ghost called guards.

Seems a bit off that even a murderer ghost can call guards lol.

Happy Gilmore

Post by Happy Gilmore »

I was just wondering if by changing the ghost able to see house sign decay status if it also allow ghost to guard wack people now. Rose says its always been like this, but I have reasons to believe, lets say 2 months ago this was not possible.

Wonko the Sane

Post by Wonko the Sane »

It's been this way for quite some time, if not always. On occasion I've killed people macroing in guard zones and then proceeded to loot the corpse, only to be killed when their still-running macro called guards.

It'd be great if this were otherwise :)

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Rose wrote:Ghosts have been able to call guards ever since I've been playing here (6 years).

Once Sinister and I pked Romeo and Juliette in Tera keep, all four of us were red. Romeo went down just before the star room, Juliette died just as she was fleeing for the star room gate, her corpse ended up at the yew moongate. Sinister went in to loot and got guard whacked because Juliette's murderer ghost called guards.

Seems a bit off that even a murderer ghost can call guards lol.
A bitter sweet tale of love and tragedy.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation