Keep the dungeons fresh! Maybe more gem encrusted invasions?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Keep the dungeons fresh! Maybe more gem encrusted invasions?

Post by inkognito »

These were fun! The gargoyle story line is engaging at times and adds some flavor to events. But this kind of event was a steady and reliable way to encourage some action in some of the most prominent well known areas of the world.

I'm hoping there's a way to keep these baron dungeons pertinent to ultima online as they are the first places newer and returning vets go when they log into our server and develop a battle ready character to go explore and look for adventure and riches. Adding alittle zing to some dungeons here and there in ANY fashion would keep these places visited more by all types = fun for all

Just a humble suggestion. I'm always here either way. But it might be something to try again.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Capitalist

Re: Keep the dungeons fresh! Maybe more gem encrusted invasi

Post by Capitalist »

Do an event at Ophid lair so I can kill inkog.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Capitalist wrote:Do an event at Ophid lair so I can kill inkog.
My home away from home for sure. All the scrubs out there using tamed pets and scrub tactics to regulate the Ophid spawn need to get good.

But anyway, I venture thru most other dungeons at probably around 30% net gold vs other places just so I can get some nostalgia and run into other like minded (or ill-minded) players. Lately... sad panda.
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

I don't know what the gem encrusted thing consisted of, but if it was anything like the glorious CRANKY CHRISTMAS event, I'm all for it. CC brought me out of retirement, but I can only last so long on vanilla. A return of randomly generated neat stuff to kill in the dungeons would be a good thing.
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

I really enjoyed the last event with the crazy undead. The rotting corpses were annoyingly hard to kill, and the star sapphire’s (upped Lich Lords?) rocked my world. It was a lot of fun. I’d be all for these guys showing up in Deceit on occasion for a week during Halloween or something else as flavor. There’s a couple outdoor lich spawns as well.

You could time it to the new season of walking dead and call the star sapphires Rick’s and the rotting Corpses, Carl’s, etc. I could have a lot of fun with these guys.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

FearItself

Post by FearItself »

As a new player this was the first event I was able to partake, the Nujelm Undead Event I mean.

Loved the challenge as well as the loot, risk of learning newb lessons by casting EV and then having a fella run into to it, kill you and then take your silver, was all around a fun experience.

I will definitely be watching for more upcoming events :)

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

I remember on the original OSI servers you didn’t dare drop an EV, bladespirit, or fire field down because there was ALWAYS someone around ready to run through it so they could kill you without getting a murder count, heh heh.

One of the things I like best about this shard is I “usually” am free to use my whole spell book. There are still a few spots like those events where the risk is very present. Most of the world, most of the time, it is safe to use summons. I rely on them heavily when doing Tmaps with my bard, or taking out the ancient Wyrm.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

You guys would've loved gem encrusted event. It was loooong (months?)
It's most notable location was held in deciet. There was always people there during this time. No silver drops but the gold and gem loot drops were outstanding and attracted a many number of players and playstyles. I'll have to find the link to the epic finale of that event. It was extra special as Richard Garriot was using the server as exposure for his new project.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=54628
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

Christmas event was awesome too.

Keep up the good work Boom/Hemp!
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

FearItself

Post by FearItself »

That sounds excellent!
I love Silver but it is much easier for me as newb Mage Bard to swoop gold and magic items lol. Often I'll just sit there provoking and hoping whoever loots appreciates my effort enough to kick down some loot.
First night of the Nujelm event I provoked for 1 hour and didn't loot 1 corpse lol, let every one else go for it. Ended up losing regs and no profit haha. Second night I got 8 Silver and some good fun. Bit slower to loot but worth it of course!

As a newb I want to hire a body guard and looter lol. One person who can loot as well as help keep me alive

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

When the gargoyles invaded Jhelom I brought my provoker and had a blast just healing and keeping people safe. Like you I didn't get much loots.

I used my dexxer on the gem encrusted specifically so I could get some actual loot, heh heh. If I'm on, we can team up and split the loot. A good provoker can always use 2 or 3 dexxer "pets" to do the dirty stuff, heh heh.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Stealth healing parry wrestling thieves always win these events. Make one of those. :wink:
Inkognito●GM Provocation

FearItself

Post by FearItself »

morgan1109 wrote:When the gargoyles invaded Jhelom I brought my provoker and had a blast just healing and keeping people safe. Like you I didn't get much loots.

I used my dexxer on the gem encrusted specifically so I could get some actual loot, heh heh. If I'm on, we can team up and split the loot. A good provoker can always use 2 or 3 dexxer "pets" to do the dirty stuff, heh heh.
Sounds good man, the next two days I'll be on and available in IRC or Forum PM, forum PM is fastest to notify my on my phone so is easiest to get my attention, phone notifications and all.

Hope there is another event before too long haha, always into teaming up, loot is good haha
inkognito wrote:Stealth healing parry wrestling thieves always win these events. Make one of those. :wink:
I had a few of these run through, eventually we began running them off but yes that will definitely be a class to run lol. Currently focusing on the foundation, Bard/Mage+Hally Mage+ Tamer+Merchant lol

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

inkognito wrote:Stealth healing parry wrestling thieves always win these events. Make one of those. :wink:
They may win the event, but I'd much rather loot my own kills. Looting other peoples kills really isn't my thing.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin