Player Vendor Rates

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Dunder Mifflin Inc

Player Vendor Rates

Post by Dunder Mifflin Inc »

Vendors are so expensive to maintain! Has anyone looked at the accuracy of their rates?

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Player Vendor Rates

Post by Kaivan »

I'll have to verify this with our current code, but the information in the patch notes is relatively thorough regarding the behavior of player vendors.

According to the patch notes and the demo scripts, a vendor will charge a base cost of 100 gold pieces per real world day, plus 1% of the cost set for all items that the vendor is currently holding (5 smaller transactions of 20 gold plus 0.2% of the total cost of items is pulled 5 times in a given real world day to achieve this on the demo). This cost is also made more expensive by a multiplier effect for each murder count that a player has (long term), meaning that anyone with 2 or more murder counts will have a vendor that should be 2 times as expensive or greater, which may account for the high expense that you have on certain characters.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Myrnae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Myrnae »

Wow I never knew murder counts affected vendor rates. I thought PKs paid more for goods bought from vendors but never knew this..

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

I don't know if it's actually implemented here, but the demo code for vendors clearly shows that murder counts act as a multiplier for vendor costs. None of the later patch notes seem to indicate that this is changed at any time, so it's certainly something that we should have, barring any significant evidence to the contrary.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Myrnae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Myrnae »

They say you learn something every day :)

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

That's certainly useful, I know some players use vendors for secure trades... wonder what the rate would be for a 100k item on a murderer with 1k+ counts.

Thanks for the info Kaivan
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

shhh you buttheads
^

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

ROFL I ran a rare vendor on Bink forever. FML
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.