IRC Moderation

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

IRC Moderation

Post by Roser »

Give players who have a history of non trolling and are helpful to players mod powers in IRC. IRC has become a raging troll pit that is constantly spiraling out of control.

Allow player mods to time people out for up to 1 hour at a time, and leave the heavier bans to GM's.

Edit: Posting a replay I made below
Rose wrote:Being part of the twitch community and seeing first hand how exactly chats are moderated, it is easy to see that these modes of moderation can be applied to the Secondage chat as well.

A channel operator will find a handful of trusted individuals to weed out the garbage and enforce the rules of that particular channel. If a moderator is doing a poor job they will be dismissed from their duties, this then makes the job of rule enforcement for the channel operator very easy; instead of moderating hundreds of people they then only need to moderate the small amount of moderators they have chosen.

I realize that many of you are entertained by some of the crazy trash talk that goes on, but I don't believe it is good for our community to sacrifice a common chat space for such a vile form of entertainment. It's definitely not helping the shard grow.

The GM's do a fine job of moderating when they are there, but the fact is they aren't aware of what's going on 24/7. With a solid group of moderators the rules of the Secondage chat can be enforced pretty close to 100% of the time.

In regards to my personal language used, yeah this Rose does have some thorns once in a while, and no I'm not nominating myself.
Last edited by Roser on Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Capitalist

Re: IRC Moderation

Post by Capitalist »

98% of the rage is Apoc
1% of the rage is a tie between me pointing out that players died on UOSA in the UOSA chat, and them raging about that death on UOSA in the UOSA chat
1% is Soma spamming
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

vintirex

Post by vintirex »

horrible idea, horrible timing

azheman
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by azheman »

If Rose is nominating himself, I have mIRC logs that prove Rose is an IRC troll.

I will refrain from posting here due to the inflammatory nature of such logs.

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

Rose eats babies IRL i saw it on his twitch stream
Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:I should have never defended you, turns out your exactly how the guild described you.. SCUM.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

In before this thread gets tro.... oh.

azheman
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by azheman »

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire »

This is probably the worst idea in the forum.

vintirex

Post by vintirex »

Soulbreak

Post by Soulbreak »

This idea. :lol:
DRUSK42 wrote:
Downs wrote:So, who got the goods? All we walked away with was land.
Take a wild guess.
Millerisfuntoplay wrote: Don't worry I will bank everything instead and give house to Ian.

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire »

Rose are you trying to say that the mods aren't doing their job? That's not nice :(

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

I'm a big fan of the wild west
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Being part of the twitch community and seeing first hand how exactly chats are moderated, it is easy to see that these modes of moderation can be applied to the Secondage chat as well.

A channel operator will find a handful of trusted individuals to weed out the garbage and enforce the rules of that particular channel. If a moderator is doing a poor job they will be dismissed from their duties, this then makes the job of rule enforcement for the channel operator very easy; instead of moderating hundreds of people they then only need to moderate the small amount of moderators they have chosen.

I realize that many of you are entertained by some of the crazy trash talk that goes on, but I don't believe it is good for our community to sacrifice a common chat space for such a vile form of entertainment. It's definitely not helping the shard grow.

The GM's do a fine job of moderating when they are there, but the fact is they aren't aware of what's going on 24/7. With a solid group of moderators the rules of the Secondage chat can be enforced pretty close to 100% of the time.

In regards to my personal language used, yeah this Rose does have some thorns once in a while, and no I'm not nominating myself.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

. (double posted oops)

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

twitch is full of trolls
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.