Fens of the Dead Spawn Inaccuracies

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
SirEricKain
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Fens of the Dead Spawn Inaccuracies

Post by SirEricKain »

Greetings all,

Upon my return to UOSA and my old living quarters in Shadowmire, I noticed a drastic change with the spawn in the region.

At the behest of a very wise person, they suggested I do some research and post my evidence here.

I along with many of my friends remember the peninsula NW of the Fens being spawnless, for the exception of a Lizardman patrol squad, or rarely, a new player treking it from Trinsic would drag up the occasional Alligator, Giant Rat, Lizardman, Snake and Slime.

Sometimes a camp of Lizardman would spawn where a house could fit if the area isn't occupied, but that would be the only exception.

The current spawn is due to multiple events that haven taken place in the past with undead back stories. "Blackfoot, Eddard Vahanian and myself having to do with them all."

Here's proof of the events.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=9322

List of creatures that spawn in the fens according to an old dug up version of Stratics. (This version is from UO:R and is the oldest I could find for era accuracy reference, Bog Things, Boglings, Plague Beast, Plague Beast Lord, Plague Spawn and Swamp Dragons are post T2A.)

Notice how there are no signs of undead what so ever in the Fens, UO:R only added spawns to the regions with new monsters, never replacing them.

http://uo.stratics.com/database/view.ph ... as&id=1357

Here are some random pictures I dug up of the old city, notice how none of them have any semblance of undead spawn.

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=24708

A recount of Eddard Vahanian's reports of Shadowmire, 5 entries and no undead spawn!

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=23315

I can only hope that this mounting evidence is sufficient enough to restore Shadowmire to it's original state, as many of us remember and love, a place of peace and quiet with no spawn, unless you come for a visit and decide to bring the entire swamp with you.

Thank you for your time,

Sir Eric Kain
Last edited by SirEricKain on Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sir Eric Kain,
King of Shadowmire

EffeYhor

Re: Fens of the Dead Spawn Inaccuracies

Post by EffeYhor »

I dont remember there being undead Mobs here for sure.
Last edited by EffeYhor on Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Eddard

Post by Eddard »

Correct. There were no undead that spawned in Shadowmire. Only the normal reptile spawns in the swamp south of the castle. Occasionally you would have some of those spawns wander up and target you but that was it. We had an event where undead attacked the city. After that spawn was left over.
Eddard Vahanian
High Constable of Shadowmire

SirEricKain
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by SirEricKain »

Hello All,

Normally I wouldn't rant about such trivial things, however when an entire guild pulls together to make a city happen and you end up with what looks to be a finale to a episode of "The Walking Dead" tempers run high.
Attachments
Really.jpg
Really.jpg (52.01 KiB) Viewed 2449 times
Sir Eric Kain,
King of Shadowmire

SirEricKain
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by SirEricKain »

The spawn has been corrected, it is confirmed that the spawn was in fact a result of an event prompting the need for a vast
spawn of undead.

Thank you all for lending your ears.
Sir Eric Kain,
King of Shadowmire

orevamp

Post by orevamp »

Good deal, I don't remember undead either.