Disturbing Comments from Old UOSA Vets

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
farnk

Re: Disturbing Comments from Old UOSA Vets

Post by farnk »

the overwhelming focus on era accuracy fucked this server, there's no real secret about it either

SirEricKain
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by SirEricKain »

Farnk, it's the main scope of the shard, they can't back paddle and make exceptions for people.

How is your brother, tell him hi from me, he was one of the most valued contributors to IL back in 2010-11
Sir Eric Kain,
King of Shadowmire

Ill Gates

Post by Ill Gates »

farnk wrote:the overwhelming focus on era accuracy fucked this server, there's no real secret about it either
Preach.

I can think of a 27 person Skype chat that would gladly sign in if there was something to fucking do.

(SaberOwnsVega) i will have better future than u got atm im telling u id be richer for edecational and 10X SMARTER
(SaberOwnsVega) garentee'd

[01:45] == #secondage Cannot join channel (+b) - you are banned

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

27 people fighting each other would be more than any other server at any other time of day, period. So please stfu.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

bushman

Post by bushman »

farnk wrote:the overwhelming focus on era accuracy fucked this server, there's no real secret about it either

SariahTheBard

Post by SariahTheBard »

I joined, and got 2 others to join recently, simply because of the main scope being era-accuracy. Just my 2 gp though.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

SariahTheBard wrote:I joined, and got 2 others to join recently, simply because of the main scope being era-accuracy. Just my 2 gp though.
Era accuracy is what landed me here at the start. You knew the shard had a general path/goal and it was well defined. At the time (I joined as a player in early 2008), no shards that existed had any real preset goals beyond "we're running a UO shard" or "I wonder how much money I can make selling items on my UO shard". Still to this day, few shards with clearly defined goals exist.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Ohm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ohm »

I appreciate the era accuracy.
The only reason I first clicked the uosa link was because of the 'The way it was' banner.

But I think a return of the auto events would do the population some good. (CTF, double domination, frequent 1v1s - 4v4s, survival)

Try out a CTF and see how many people log in and potentially stay logged in afterwards.
If it doesnt work out don't do it again, but atleast give it a try.
[22:31:51] <wintergate> Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

SariahTheBard

Post by SariahTheBard »

Ohm wrote:If it doesnt work out don't do it again, but atleast give it a try.
I agree, the events definitely add to the fun, and more should be better. More tries at something generally add to more successes.

Quin the Wretch
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Quin the Wretch »

, and I'm not talking the Obama type of change either.
haha GG +1 SirEric

Just came back after a hiatus and before I did I checked the populations on those other 2 shards first because while the era code is important the population makes the game. My limited impression was their playerbases were far more inactive than here. One had ~400ish accounts logged in and in 12+hrs of running around I saw maybe 2 players. Population here isn't like Osi or even that deadshard that sounded like magic arrow but its still pretty damn good.
"I really need to increase my knowledgment" -anonymous