"feathered hat"

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

"feathered hat"

Post by GuardianKnight »

These were given out as 4th of july rewards a few years ago. These are not the newer 'named" items that we have now.

They were cuttable for nearly a full day, and then made uncuttable.

I propose that normal named items be cuttable again.

They aren't newbied, blessed, or special in any other way, other than a different hue.
Last edited by GuardianKnight on Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Re: "a cloth hat"

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

It's a tough call. Logically, they should be cut-able if they aren't newbied or blessed. However, grandfathering of items is something we've done here since the early days of UOSA. I personally don't see the harm in allowing them to be sliced up, either way clothing of that hue will (and does) exist in multiple forms.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: "a cloth hat"

Post by GuardianKnight »

(7:24:31 PM) [GuardianKnight]: my logic: Colored leather was stopped because it was from another era. Colored cloth of special hues was and is still used even today in UO. Stopping a color would mean that black dye tubs and special hued silver rewards would need to stop.

(7:25:03 PM) Rammar: also note that you can recut that hue.. just not that hue in the form of the hat

So, basically, you can cut the newly made items from that cloth color, but you can't cut the cloth hats made originally.

I think it's time for a change of direction on this.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Ohm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: "feathered hat"

Post by Ohm »

GuardianKnight wrote:Phase 2 begins. *evil laugh*
[22:31:51] <wintergate> Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

Ohm wrote:
GuardianKnight wrote:Phase 2 begins. *evil laugh*
:lol:
I was thinking the same thing. All of a sudden, GK's evil plan of collecting white hats makes perfect sense. :lol:

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

my 3 year master plan lol

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

As these were never intended to be cut up into resources to create newer items, we modified them so they couldn't be. We obviously weren't going to be taking away or modifying items that were already created by players who had already cut up the cloth (think of the items and current cloth in the same manner as unusually hued sandals that came off of player vendors as we cycled the mechanics backwards). If anything is going to be done to them, it will be to group them under the normal mechanics for items that can't be cut up, which would be to make them newbied and utilize a proper mechanic to make them work as intended.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

No way. The guy who invested 10 mill into white hats at low cost wants to monopolize that market and turn it into 250-300 mill? I wouldn't believe it if GK himself told me so.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Capitalist wrote:No way. The guy who invested 10 mill into white hats at low cost wants to monopolize that market and turn it into 250-300 mill? I wouldn't believe it if GK himself told me so.

that's crazy talk!

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Maybe you could add a nametag to them to add significance to the occassion in history, Kaivan.

As it stands, they are simply "a feathered hat". The lack anything to show that they are special at all, other than a hue.

Maybe something like "4th of july snafu hat 20**"