Mass Email Update?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Sultan of Swing

Mass Email Update?

Post by Sultan of Swing »

know this idea has probably been flaunted many times, is maybe against staff policy to send out emails? but players could work on content for sending out, with an update of recent activity, Boomlands events etc? a few pics. I'm sure more than 1 or 2 old players would see the email and be unable to resist a return.

bigbob

Re: Mass Email Update?

Post by bigbob »

i like it, it feels good on the whole. lets call it "preparation H"
sign me up

AshBorn
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by AshBorn »

Quoted from me from General Discussion -

From what I understand, it comes down to this: When you signed up for a forum account (past players), there was never any agreement to receive advertising.

The GMs are hesitant to start a newsletter, especially to old accounts, because they never agreed to receive them. Even with an option to unsubscribe, they are still hesitant without that initial check box saying 'I agree'.

However, perhaps new accounts can have this checkbox to start receiving newsletters. Or maybe one email can go out asking if old players (a year of inactivity or something) want to keep their forum accounts before they are deleted or something, and have that letter include some of the features about the shard. That would be an administrative way to contact old players without seeming like the initial purpose of the email is to advertise.

Something like: 'UOSA is purging old forum accounts. If you would like to keep yours, please respond with 'Keep Mine' in the subject line.' Following that, there is a few tidbits in the email with some of the exciting things that are happening on the server; include a link they can click to sign up for future newsletters.

Downs

Post by Downs »

I tried to suggest that.

Here's the convo the GMs had
viewtopic.php?f=150&t=62588
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

SirEricKain
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by SirEricKain »

A TOS can be sent out to all, accepting newsletters.

This would create a "I agree" option and solve all the problems.
Sir Eric Kain,
King of Shadowmire