Stealth

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Stealth

Post by Mens Rea »

Currently you can use stealth while riding a horse.

However, in patch notes: Blue PK changes, fishing, and more Mar 28 1999 9:35AM CST it says "You cannot stealth while riding a horse."

Capitalist

Re: Stealth

Post by Capitalist »

Please post a video of you stealthing on a horse.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Ill Gates

Post by Ill Gates »

Capitalist wrote:Please post a video of you stealthing on a horse.
This^

(SaberOwnsVega) i will have better future than u got atm im telling u id be richer for edecational and 10X SMARTER
(SaberOwnsVega) garentee'd

[01:45] == #secondage Cannot join channel (+b) - you are banned

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

You should get a message about stealth while mounted. It lets you go into move quietly mode at the moment.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

The current mechanic will actually allow you to attempt to stealth while you're on a mount, but if you attempt to move while you are still on the mount, you will be revealed.

I'm not sure whether this is a procedural error or not, as I cannot find any client side message in the cliloc files that would alert a player to the fact that they cannot stealth while they are on a mount, but functionally speaking if you are prevented from stealthing with a system message, or you are revealed once you take the first step while mounted, the result is generally the same: you cannot actually stealth while mounted. Perhaps the biggest difference is that player can train stealth while they are mounted, or a player can begin stealthing, and then dismount and stealth (which would really defeat the purpose with a horse popping out of nowhere), but these aren't relevant cases to spur us to change the behavior at the moment. If someone can find a direct cliloc system message that's relevant, we'll use that instead, but for now we'll leave things as they are.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org