Recall

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Recall

Post by Mens Rea »

Seems legit:

2/12/98

Recall changes in dungeons:
You can freely recall in and out of dungeons on the first level.
On the second level of dungeons, you can recall out with no problems, but gating in becomes difficult because of the mass of stone and earth preventing you from forming a clear mental picture of the destination.
Deeper into the dungeons, recall does not function at all.

Capitalist

Re: Recall

Post by Capitalist »

nice link!
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

kevin-theidocghost
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kevin-theidocghost »

Capitalist wrote:nice link!
Timelord wrote:Every single person in the game is out to kill you, loot you and take everything you own at any time.
http://www.twitch.tv/imr4350/

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

If you can't find the patch notes you've got no place in the accuracy area of the forums.

Go troll somewhere else.

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/1998_Patch_Notes

kevin-theidocghost
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kevin-theidocghost »

Mens Rea wrote:
If you can't find the patch notes you've got no place in the accuracy area of the forums.

Go troll somewhere else.

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/1998_Patch_Notes
just want to clarify i wasn't trolling. You could have written that up yourself, and considering there's tons of places you could've gotten that information, doesn't it makes sense to include the link you found the information on?

anyways ty for posting link.

*also would like to add id love to see this feature put into place
Timelord wrote:Every single person in the game is out to kill you, loot you and take everything you own at any time.
http://www.twitch.tv/imr4350/

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

This is something that was discussed quite a while back in 2008 or 09, and while I don't have a link handy to the discussion, evidence from both the demo, and later sources showed that this particular behavior was either short lived or never actually got implemented on OSI servers, despite the existence of the patch note itself.

For some direct information, here are two threads from early to mid 99 that talk directly about the issue. Both essentially state that it is possible to recall/gate out of dungeons at any level.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Interesting Kaivan, sounds about right.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

I can recall (no pun) that this was implemented for a brief span of time, during the old notoriety system days. A backlash of whining ultimately undid the patch.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Grogor

Post by Grogor »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:I can recall (no pun) that this was implemented for a brief span of time, during the old notoriety system days. A backlash of whining ultimately undid the patch.
I played Catskills back in 97-99 and I thought I remembered not being able to recall from deep in dungeons. Made the game very challenging...

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Nea

Blood

Post by Blood »

Grogor wrote:
Boomland Jenkins wrote:I can recall (no pun) that this was implemented for a brief span of time, during the old notoriety system days. A backlash of whining ultimately undid the patch.
I played Catskills back in 97-99 and I thought I remembered not being able to recall from deep in dungeons. Made the game very challenging...
...and then god created Trammel.

Ahbuddy

Post by Ahbuddy »

This setting should only apply to player's characters with a murder history and thieves.
Good folks that are there to only farm are exempt. :)