Missing House Types

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
yetti82

Missing House Types

Post by yetti82 »

So I remember the excitement and the anticipation of houses in the original UO Second Age. I still have the original CD and the small book that came with it. The one thing that I notice over and over is that there are three houses missing.

The Log cabin 7x14
The small two story plaster 7x7
The small two story brick 7x7

I know for a fact the log cabin was there because it was what I placed the moment they opened the flood gates. Sadly due to dial up the housing is what killed the game for me...the lag was madness and just wasn't playable anymore :( ...now I'm on fiber and there is nothing to worry about ;)

What is the chance of adding the smalls at least? I always thought the log cabin looked kind of stupid. But really loved the look of the open bottom smalls.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Missing House Types

Post by Kaivan »

I suspect that you're thinking of the UOR expansion, as there were no flood gates with which to place houses when the lost lands were introduced (they are the hilly landscape areas where Delucia and Papua can be found). Information for the 3 housing types that you've mentioned as well as 4 other housing types are mentioned as a part of the patch notes for the Renaissance patch, which puts them outside of the T2A era.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Missing House Types

Post by Mens Rea »

yetti82, you are thinking of the beginning of trammel UO.

Sorry to disappoint.