Spawns in lost lands

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Thead

Spawns in lost lands

Post by Thead »

I remember hunting lizardmen, ratmen, gazes, ettens, trolls, and Harpy's in the lost lands. I was wondering why they don't spawn there on this shard.

Capitalist

Re: Spawns in lost lands

Post by Capitalist »

Thead wrote:I remember hunting lizardmen, ratmen, gazes, ettens, trolls, and Harpy's in the lost lands. I was wondering why they don't spawn there on this shard.
All of these can be found in several locations throughout T2A. You clearly didn't do your due diligence before posting this.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Ill Gates

Post by Ill Gates »

Sorry, that's Capitalist way of trying to be nice. He has no idea where they spawn, he just knows they do somewhere, or he would have made it a point to show you how much he knows.

(SaberOwnsVega) i will have better future than u got atm im telling u id be richer for edecational and 10X SMARTER
(SaberOwnsVega) garentee'd

[01:45] == #secondage Cannot join channel (+b) - you are banned

Thead

Post by Thead »

The only way I have seen them spawn in the last lands is with rescue quests and deserts, I am refering to the areas east of Delucia, particularly the area found within the points of a: 72s 20, 9w 29 b: 71s 09, 3w 09 c: 83s 24, 9w 25 and d: 83s 50, 3w 43. In that square area alone they (all the above mentioned monsters) regularly spawned all the time and was one of the best low to mid level hunting areas in the Lost Lands, there were also wisps found in that area. I am just pointing this out because if you are going for era accuracy, then should the spawning not be close to the same? You could find both Lizardmen and Ratman all over in the lost lands, not in the rare area here and there as is the case on this shard.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Ill Gates wrote:Sorry, that's Capitalist way of trying to be nice. He has no idea where they spawn, he just knows they do somewhere, or he would have made it a point to show you how much he knows.
SE of Ophidian has every single spawn listed (by the beach).
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Ill Gates

Post by Ill Gates »

Capitalist wrote:
Ill Gates wrote:Sorry, that's Capitalist way of trying to be nice. He has no idea where they spawn, he just knows they do somewhere, or he would have made it a point to show you how much he knows.
SE of Ophidian has every single spawn listed (by the beach).
*winks*, there you go Thead.

(SaberOwnsVega) i will have better future than u got atm im telling u id be richer for edecational and 10X SMARTER
(SaberOwnsVega) garentee'd

[01:45] == #secondage Cannot join channel (+b) - you are banned

Thead

Post by Thead »

Thx Capitalist.

But thats still an inaccuracy since they used to spawn throughout the lost lands and not just a few small areas. The ratmen and Lizardmen were just as common to run into as mongbats and orcs, I still have to say its inaccurate in that sense. Anyone know why they dont have them spawning like that on here?

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

It's certainly possible that we don't have Lizardmen and similar creatures spawning in the correct locations throughout T2A. However, we need some evidence from the time period to show us that the spawns are indeed incorrect so we can change them. For the regular map, resources like the [ur=http://wayback.archive.org/web/20010828 ... awnmap.jpg]spawn map[/url] for T2A can help confirm where spawns exist at, and we try to follow that spawn map to some degree. I don't know if something similar exists for the T2A land mass itself, but I haven't seen anything yet from an in-era source. In leau of that, we've gone with resource information from descriptions of certain creatures found on the stratics hunter pages via the wayback machine archives, which may contain inconsistencies for certain creatures, but we would likely need a reliable source of information from the time period showing such an inconsistency (e.g. another UO dedicated page from the era, multiple player accounts detailing the same thing, etc.). I have a brief writeup about the categories of evidence that we generally accept here which should give you a direction to go in to look for these sorts of things.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Thead

Post by Thead »

@Kaivan

I am actually not the first to note this about the spawns, there is also this post here that I have just found

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=43439

All the monsters I have mentioned spawned randomly throughout the lost lands in the same areas that you have the orcs, the exceptions being the areas of the desert above Pap I dont think spawned ratman (I may be wrong on that part). You could come out of Del and find ratman and lizardman on top of and around the hilly areas there.

The square area I mentioned above was a regular hunting area during the time that I played from the beginning to mid 1999 (I stopped playing a week or two after my daughter was born in July of 99), I would lure the monsters to the long skinny ledge that ran just west of the river there and teleport on it so that they could not hit me (except gazers and wisps). The monsters included all the ones I mentioned above, also missing are the reapers that were found throughout the southern part of the lost lands.

I am trying to find a spawn map of the region, kind of wish they had coded the spawns on the disc as I still have my second age disc here, I would try to pull the code from it and show you. If I manage to find one, I will post it. But for the most part the spawning of most of them were random and in the same areas that you currently find the Orcs, it was quite common to run into one or two trolls and ettins around Del, the spawning of reapers and corpsers seemed to be in the same spots, but random on which popped up, with the corspers being the more common of the two.