Kegs & Fished Up Barrel Staves

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Raefon

Kegs & Fished Up Barrel Staves

Post by Raefon »

In the wiki this is mentioned:

-3 barrel staves (made by carpenters, requires 5 boards or 5 logs each). may be attempted by carpenters of any skill [each weigh 1 stone] [fished up staves may also be used to make barrels, though they do not maintain their "From a shipwreck" label]

However, it does not seem like the fished up staves work here.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Re: Kegs & Fished Up Barrel Staves

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

I am positive that I have, in the past, used fished-up staves to make a keg ...

Have you thoroughly checked-out your problem; do you have all of the materials; are the fished-up staves all in the top of your pack; are you trying to combine fished-up with others that aren't (maybe that won't work ...) ?

There may be some other mechanical impediment which I can't divine ...

I'm planning an SOS-run in the not-too-distant future: hopefully I will pull up enough barrel-staves to actually test this out; I will post results here.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

I just tested the ability to create a barrel with shipwreck barrel staves and it looks as if it's working properly. As Sighelm suggested, you should probably try to make sure you have everything in the top layer of your backpack: A barrel lid, barrel hoops, and 3 sets of barrel staves.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Raefon

Post by Raefon »

Kaivan wrote:I just tested the ability to create a barrel with shipwreck barrel staves and it looks as if it's working properly. As Sighelm suggested, you should probably try to make sure you have everything in the top layer of your backpack: A barrel lid, barrel hoops, and 3 sets of barrel staves.
I am pretty sure I had all the items needed in the top layer of my backpack since all I had to do was craft more barrel staves to make the keg.
However, I did use a mix of fished up barrel staves and crafted ones.
To be exact, I used 2 fished up barrel staves and 1 crafted barrel stave and it didn't work. Crafted another 2 barrel staves and the option to make the keg was there.

We cannot mix the 2 types?

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

I'm sorry that I didn't reply earlier, but I did testing with 1, 2, and 3 shipwrecked barrel staves mixed with the appropriate number of normal staves to create the keg. In all cases, the keg showed up on my carpentry menu.

Raefon

Post by Raefon »

Kaivan wrote:I'm sorry that I didn't reply earlier, but I did testing with 1, 2, and 3 shipwrecked barrel staves mixed with the appropriate number of normal staves to create the keg. In all cases, the keg showed up on my carpentry menu.
Hi Kaivan,

Thank you for taking the time to test it out.
I do have fished up barrel staves that can't be crafted into kegs. Maybe they are grandfathered?

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

That's very strange to be honest. Generally speaking, all barrel staves are identical and have a toggle-able value for isShipwreckedItem that determines whether the barrel staves are or aren't a shipwrecked item. There really shouldn't be much that causes them not to "work".

I'm not at a computer with UO installed, but if you'd like to PM me on IRC/the forums with information about where the staves themselves are (e.g. what house, where the house is located, and what container they are in), I can try to figure out what's different about them. Thus far, from all of my testing, it may be that they are bugged, or that there's some problem with staves generated from fishing up MiB's.