All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

Post subject: Idea
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 2:52 pm 
User Rep: Fair

So just an idea, but is there any chance the website can get a makeover and can we get some events PVP / PVM for this shard.

These Support SecondAge
Links open a new window.
UOSA Donors & Subscribers do not receive these ads.

Post subject: Re: Idea
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 4:05 pm 

stables.....it has been said over and over, can they be fixed and if so just fix them otherwise limit tamers.

also the first thing i see when i hit the forums is a bunch of guilds that no longer play and jumped ship. goes back to cleaning up the website and forums.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 5:16 pm 
User Rep: Good
Post Rep: 1
Good

Nothing that is not mechanically-era-accurate will be implemented here: that is the shard's non-negotiable mandate.

The former event systems became subject to instances of abuse and/or exploitation, and were disabled pending review/reconfiguration: I imagine there were identified, also, issues of conflict-of-interest between the event systems and the era-accuracy mandate, but I'm speculating there. In any event, don't expect much in terms of staff re-implementing automated event systems.

While it is licit for any/all of us to push for changes/additions that are proven to be mechanically-era-accurate, it is not licit to push for anything else/more. The "stables problem" is a usage problem, not a mechanical-era-accuracy problem: do not expect any mechanics to be changed away from any era-accurate implementation(s).

Personally, regarding stables, I simply wish a number of players would smarten-up: "I need >40 WWs for Resist training"; no, you don't; that declaration is patently ridiculous. Naturally, very few will ever admit to --let alone abandon-- their own "me too" usage abuse, and there is no policy/mechanic that can be introduced, so we're stuck.

Willing PKers could "purple-pot all turrets into oblivion", at least theoretically, but that's rather a tall order, and won't change the fact that Tamers will still earn over-and-above the gold they need to sustain their playstyle, including the usage-abuse of the stables.

There's not a whole lot, directly, that any of us can do to "fix" these problems. People might smarten-up yet, though.

Keep on truckin' Ravenshift: you aren't doing anything wrong. I just thought I'd give you some 411.

SS

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 11:02 pm 

Thanks for the info. I was just suggesting the idea is all, might bring people in. Lots of bickering in forums and super old posts that could be archived or something if not deleted. Make the server more inviting for new comers. And the events could just be fun is all, like a change. Doesn't have to be big either, maybe just orcs attacking cove or something.

Anyway UOSA is awesome! I will just keep thinking of ideas.