Trophy trade-in suggestion

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
JimDrizzle

Trophy trade-in suggestion

Post by JimDrizzle »

Is there a way you can make it so a player can keep their trophies after they turn them in for a prize? Like, make them regular iron color and mark them as worthless but they can still display your score in the event or the name of the event that it is commemorating?

I just don't want to lose my trophies and I think it's a legit idea.

ecetres
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Trophy trade-in suggestion

Post by ecetres »

I support this idea!
Guerrilla wrote:
i know i cry alot.... its only because i suck, and I'm going to uninstall UO as you read this

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The idea behind the turn-in system is to get the excess trophies off the server. I'd expect people to keep only their best trophies for display.

Squealer

Post by Squealer »

aye i like that u have 2 trade them in!

ecetres
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ecetres »

Derrick wrote:The idea behind the turn-in system is to get the excess trophies off the server. I'd expect people to keep only their best trophies for display.

Ok, I see the point. If not maybe you could get one trophy in return with the total numbers of battles and kill of the combined trophies. Im sure that would be a pain in the butt to do over and over though. Just a thought, would be kinda cool. When you trade in again you could have the one trophy updated thus still keeping the amount of trophies down and still making them "worthless" except as sentimental value. But once again thats just more work for you guys.
Guerrilla wrote:
i know i cry alot.... its only because i suck, and I'm going to uninstall UO as you read this

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

ecetres wrote:Ok, I see the point. If not maybe you could get one trophy in return with the total numbers of battles and kill of the combined trophies. Im sure that would be a pain in the butt to do over and over though. Just a thought, would be kinda cool. When you trade in again you could have the one trophy updated thus still keeping the amount of trophies down and still making them "worthless" except as sentimental value. But once again thats just more work for you guys.
One of the neat features of the trade in system that no one has yet utilized is the hueing of a trophy. If you've got a trophy that you're really proud of you can trade up for a special hue on it. The problem though which combined kills and points is by the time you add in how many trophies and all that special trophy represents, the text label of the trophy is going to be getting a little too long. And yea, the point of how time consuming it would be for staff to total all those up is noted at well.

When trophies are traded in, we've been asking that they be sorted by value into separate bags and stacked prior so that we don't have to take too long figuring out the point value, although of course we'll do as much as we can to help as a trophy turn-in is a major move.