Event related era inacuracies?(events disabled)

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
iamreallysquall

Event related era inacuracies?(events disabled)

Post by iamreallysquall »

Fede wrote: I walked into one last night from the one in Britian. The only problem I have with this is, it didn't give me the option to leave guard zone.
i find the above statement odd as i have tested my gates in both of the blue towns that provide them and you get the gump to leave town. Leaving with these gates you should only get the gump to leave town to go the tourney area if its considered protected by guard area. Should the tourney area be considered town and guarded area?

The bucs den bath house gate you are out of guards you run into the gate you should not get the gump. i am unsure on how this is currently functioning as it has been awhile since i used that gate, which is now blocked by a rock causing you to have to click it.

if you are red and attack someone and are criminally flagged when you attempt to enter the gate(confirmed on a double dom gate) you must wait til it expires. if you are orange to someone and attacking each other you able to run to the tourney gate to escape combat. i have chased people from north of brit gy all the way to the gate to watch them barely escape. These two last statement kinda send a conflicting message that's its not ok to agrees someone on a red and then use a event gate but it is ok for order/chaos/waring people to be in combat and flee via these gates.

Corpses should not be pulled from felluca, currently if you die to a monster(confrimed) or another player while you are already signed up and you get pulled the corpse will go at least so was the case for mistah t.

Dieing in statloss in felluca while you are signed up for tourney or another type of event should cause statloss or you being dropped out automatically from the event due to the fact the event will auto rez you, and from what i am being told it does not make you take statloss as it counts you as dieing in the event area i guess or so was the case for yomega once and can quote him saying so in irc just yesterday.

Earthquake should effect everyone in ctf and tournaments(2v2 - 4v4) or be disabled to avoid grief in ctf and dd type events.

logging out or timing out in event areas should force you to be moved to the gate you entered from after logging back in.
To prevent things like macroing skills like anatomy, evalint etc in these areas. To prevent prearranged secure trades by logging out in the area and then trading mass amounts of silver rares etc from bank to bank in a protected setting at a prearrange time post event ending when no one is around. yes i am aware you can only trade in one direction and one item, but its still possible to do large trades securely. To prevent people from burning off murder counts in a entirely safe area.

please keep this thread on topic and not go on about balron gates and my grief etc. These are important era inaccurate things about these events and i am sure i am forgetting some as well.
Last edited by iamreallysquall on Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Event related era inacuracies?

Post by Mens Rea »

All valid and reasonable points.

iamreallysquall

bump for era accuracy! skills like provoke and or other spells enabled in ctf type events.

Fede

Post by Fede »

iamreallysquall

bumpage!

iamreallysquall

bump!

iamreallysquall

iamreallysquall wrote:bump!

iamreallysquall

^

Braden
UOSA Policy Enforcer
UOSA Policy Enforcer

Post by Braden »

Topic moved to relevant forum.
<Layt> note to self (and others)
<Layt> do not magic arrow braden
<Zebulone> He has inf reflect
<Layt> more like reflect and amplify
<Layt> it was a death sequence unlike any other i had ever seen

iamreallysquall

iamreallysquall

Re: Event related era inaccuracies?

bump for fixing inaccuracies

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

*edited* Lelouche is right.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dren »

Fede wrote:I walked into one last night from the one in Britian. The only problem I have with this is, it didn't give me the option to leave guard zone.
I have heard of this happening before as well. If this is actually true then it is possible that it is an intermittent bug related to having double gates over eachother.
iamreallysquall wrote:i find the above statement odd as i have tested my gates in both of the blue towns that provide them and you get the gump to leave town. Leaving with these gates you should only get the gump to leave town to go the tourney area if its considered protected by guard area. Should the tourney area be considered town and guarded area?
Putting deathgates over a tournament gate is an exploit and a disrespect to the mechanics staff has put in place for people to visit events.
iamreallysquall wrote: The bucs den bath house gate you are out of guards you run into the gate you should not get the gump. i am unsure on how this is currently functioning as it has been awhile since i used that gate, which is now blocked by a rock causing you to have to click it.
This rock is good. All tournament gates should be blocked by a rock to prevent people from interfering with automated events.
iamreallysquall wrote: if you are red and attack someone and are criminally flagged when you attempt to enter the gate(confirmed on a double dom gate) you must wait til it expires. if you are orange to someone and attacking each other you able to run to the tourney gate to escape combat. i have chased people from north of brit gy all the way to the gate to watch them barely escape. These two last statement kinda send a conflicting message that's its not ok to agrees someone on a red and then use a event gate but it is ok for order/chaos/waring people to be in combat and flee via these gates.
Agreed.
iamreallysquall wrote: Corpses should not be pulled from felluca, currently if you die to a monster(confrimed) or another player while you are already signed up and you get pulled the corpse will go at least so was the case for mistah t.
This is a problem.
iamreallysquall wrote: Dieing in statloss in felluca while you are signed up for tourney or another type of event should cause statloss or you being dropped out automatically from the event due to the fact the event will auto rez you, and from what i am being told it does not make you take statloss as it counts you as dieing in the event area i guess or so was the case for yomega once and can quote him saying so in irc just yesterday.
You should not be able to avoid statloss by joining events and then dying. An easy solution to this = if you are dead it auto drops you from the event.
iamreallysquall wrote: Earthquake should effect everyone in ctf and tournaments(2v2 - 4v4) or be disabled to avoid grief in ctf and dd type events.
Earthquake should not affect everyone in player tournaments 1v1-4v4 or be disabled. All events work like this on all servers that have these sort of events. The area for the 1v1-4v4 is a special zone that is separate from the rest.
iamreallysquall wrote: logging out or timing out in event areas should force you to be moved to the gate you entered from after logging back in.
To prevent things like macroing skills like anatomy, evalint etc in these areas. To prevent prearranged secure trades by logging out in the area and then trading mass amounts of silver rares etc from bank to bank in a protected setting at a prearrange time post event ending when no one is around. yes i am aware you can only trade in one direction and one item, but its still possible to do large trades securely. To prevent people from burning off murder counts in a entirely safe area.
This is unavoidable. The items have already been limited to one way only. If people want to go into the event gates and use the area for single item trades then that's just something we're going to have to live with. Pre-arranged trades and log outs is pretty far fetched, and why should pre-arranged traders be punished when they can still trade not-prearranged. It doesn't make any sense to have double standards in this case. There are many secure ways to do trades and this is just another place where theives will not be able to steal items and people will not be able to grief newbies who are macroing. Unfortunately this is something that I think we will be stuck with...

If people want to burn murder counts in event areas that's also there perogattive. Forcing people into towns against their will, is a big no no and will open up a whole different basket of worms.

Events aren't perfect, but you've brought up some good points lelouche.
Fit: Alderman, Merchants of Britannia: Proudly serving UOSA for more than 160 Sosarian years.

iamreallysquall

dren wrote:
Putting deathgates over a tournament gate is an exploit and a disrespect to the mechanics staff has put in place for people to visit events.
This rock is good. All tournament gates should be blocked by a rock to prevent people from interfering with automated events.

functioning game mechanics is not a exploit and i tried to steer this post away from "death gates" but you ignored that part of my post thanks. Event gates them selfs should not be protected by staff infact that little rock can cause more problems then you would imagine. The gates in the events themselfs don't give you a gump to leave which they should if they give you a gump in blue towns to go to them, if i am not mistaken as of week or so ago. As far as bucs den go no way it should give you a gump it's out of town.
dren wrote:
Earthquake should not affect everyone in player tournaments 1v1-4v4 or be disabled. All events work like this on all servers that have these sort of events. The area for the 1v1-4v4 is a special zone that is separate from the rest.

so because of other servers not related to accuracy at all, we should just not be accurate? If the spell is allowed it should function accurately or be disabled like teleport or other spells to avoid problems. Events them self are just generic package for runuo. If we are to have and keep these inaccurate events they should at least function as close to era accurate as possible in regards to the mechanics.
dren wrote:
This is unavoidable. The items have already been limited to one way only. If people want to go into the event gates and use the area for single item trades then that's just something we're going to have to live with. Pre-arranged trades and log outs is pretty far fetched, and why should pre-arranged traders be punished when they can still trade not-prearranged. It doesn't make any sense to have double standards in this case. There are many secure ways to do trades and this is just another place where theives will not be able to steal items and people will not be able to grief newbies who are macroing. Unfortunately this is something that I think we will be stuck with...

If people want to burn murder counts in event areas that's also there perogattive. Forcing people into towns against their will, is a big no no and will open up a whole different basket of worms.
it's not unavoidable and people should most definitely not be allowed to burn off murder counts or macro skills with out risk your above statement is very trammel. Why do you think the trade limits were adjusted in the first place? people should be allowed to macro in trammel? thats just madness.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks for all the posts.

Due to a couple of the issues raised above and one that does rise to the level of a pretty severe exploits, I've discontiued the automated events until the problems can be addressed.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."