Curing Poison? Era Accurate?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Threadz

Re: Curing Poison? Era Accurate?

Post by Threadz »

I know that without evidence, there is no credibility on any game mechanic topics but the wiki states that GC potions cure DP everytime. I do not remember this being the case. Sometimes it would cure first time, but now always. Please don't tell me to bring info, I don't have any but I am trying to help the era accuracy. GP should be cured everytime by GC potions, but DP is the next level meaning it shouldn't cure everytime. I think that is sound logic in itself, ya? By the way, I played during OSI t2a period so I am going off of experience.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

There is an OSI patch note that was posted recently that showed the introduction to staggering poisons/cures. A lesser cure would have a Fairly high success rate of curing a lesser poison, and so on. Obviously there is no "deadly cure" so potions often took 2+ tries. Stated right from the horses mouth if anyone rememberd reading that, post the link. I do not have it available atm.

Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Flash Hardstar »

The only innacuracy i've noticed here is scorpions DP'ing, its my memory that it was just a standard poison from them.
Red wrote:Kill Flash, and I'm going to bet that his loot is worth more than 2k.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Flash Hardstar wrote:The only innacuracy i've noticed here is scorpions DP'ing, its my memory that it was just a standard poison from them.
I'm pretty positive scorpions should not be DPing. I'll look into this.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

It's greater poison or something, certainly not dp. I used one to gm healing.

Bakishwaka

Post by Bakishwaka »

Derrick while you're playing around with poisons could you make it so that occasionally, very very rarely mind, if youre attacking a chicken or a pig, you get poisoned ???

i know this has nothing to do with era accuracy and is fairly off topic; im sorry.

i just think that would be KICK ASS funny!

Jiggo

Post by Jiggo »

I believe this server is using the default RUNUO values for DP which are same as the massive changes made in AOS which required you to use arch cure to realistically cure DP.

I know this is a necro post but i believe this is completely inaccurate. I very much remember during UOR almost never failing to cure with gm magery. That rare fail on an nox was what a DP wielder counted and exploited to his advantage, not a single DP taking down a target that was unable to cure. If i am correct, poison was not weakened in UOR, so it should be the same here.

I understand the sources in this thread say that failing An Nox was possible, but make no mention of the actual chance of failing.

I find this completely inaccurate and would like to know how it is currently coded and how that code was arrived it.

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

all the docs on current stratics are still dated from around the era if no one has read those yet... http://uo.stratics.com/alchemy/assassin ... ndex.shtml

Faust

Post by Faust »

A little update on this topic...

The formula in the demo is exactly this below...

Code: Select all

int poisonVal = (PoisonStrength * 1750);
int skillVal = (Magery * 75);

if ( ((10000 + (PoisonStrength - skillVal )) / 100 ) > random(1,100) )
	// Success;
else
	// Fail;
This means that the value of any poison level below lethal is a hundred percent at GM magery and lethal itself is 87.5% chance. This serves to reason that curing could very well be easily done just like potions.

PS
The Arch Cure spell uses the same values as the cure spell.

Eulogy

Post by Eulogy »

Then arch cure must be better due to the circle of spell?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Eulogy wrote:Then arch cure must be better due to the circle of spell?

// Success;
else
// Fail;
If they use the same function then arch-cure is the same as cure with an area effect. One of those myths like eating helping skill gain, and needing to move while gaining stealth..

Jiggo

Post by Jiggo »

Arch cure did not have a better chance to cure till AOS, when they made An Nox unable to cure DP, as this shard currently has. Both are completely innaccurate as proven by fausts post.

Mazer

Post by Mazer »

I have farmed terathans/ophidians on my bard quite a bit here and know that arch cure will always cure DP whereas I can cast several regular cures and still be poisoned. I'm not even sure if an nox will cure DP (at GM magery) currently. In all the pre-ren shards I've played, this is the only one where I've had to use arch cure (I guess that might not mean much...). But yeah, there's definitely something up with the current shard mechanics. Needs to be looked at.

Faust

Post by Faust »

The spell circle has no role in the formula on the demo. Magery is the only thing that plays a role when deciding the chance to cure. This actually doesn't surprise me one bit. The healing spells, buffs, debuffs, etc... all are based on the magery skill of the character casting the spell for their level of of effectiveness. The same would hold true for the cure spell when looking at it through a logical perspective involving the t2a era.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Faust wrote:A little update on this topic...

The formula in the demo is exactly this below...

Code: Select all

// Success;
else
	// Fail;
This means that the value of any poison level below lethal is a hundred percent at GM magery and lethal itself is 87.5% chance. This serves to reason that curing could very well be easily done just like potions.

PS
The Arch Cure spell uses the same values as the cure spell.
Using varibles of 1 to 5 for poison and 0 to 100 for magery i am unable to make this formula work.

Please help me understand what I may be doing wrong.

5 for DP
poisonVal = 8750
100 for magery
skillVal = 7500
Formula
((10000+(8750-7500))/100 = 112.5

Success everytime

5 for DP
poisonVal = 8750
75 for magery
skillVal = 5625
((10000+(8750-5625))/100 = 131.25

Success everytime and an even better result

On an acedotal note...

GM Magery curing DP poison 100% is not correct. DP was not just a minor neusense like getting bit by a snake for players with GM magery in T2A and curing it certainly was not a one attempt action.