Make front page of site more noob friendly.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
mrbojangles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Make front page of site more noob friendly.

Post by mrbojangles »

Personally, i'd love to see more players come to the shard who are completely new to uo. I think that the front page of the site can be very confusing and not offer much information to those who arent familiar with uo, and even uo free shards.

When you first see the main page, i think most people notice the wall of text. And this wall of text starts out with information thats really only useable by people who are well-accustomed to uo free shards.

A totally new player doesnt care about the shard's mission statement, since he has nothing compare it to.

The front page I think needs to be edited and re-arranged. The information that pertains to new UO players should be up front and center. While the details of the shard should be further down.

I'm strapped for time while im typing this, so i can't do any specifics right now. But I think the front page would benefit from things like.

>Description of the game itself, not the shard's mechanics
>A link to / copy of the OSI new players manual.
> A big 'PLAY NOW" button that sends you to a page with client download, server info, etc.
< ?some better ways to show off our community, make our shard look very alive and thriving like it is.
Omar Little(irc) / Mr Bojangles / Bowie / Snake Plisken / Martin Van Buren / Dirty Ore

Visit the The Yew Gate Shop for everything you need.

Derrick

Re: Make front page of site more noob friendly.

Post by Derrick »

Thanks!

I agree as well. The wall of content is good for helping people find the site via keywords, but the top could definately use a makeover.

I welcome all suggestions. Thanks!