PVP Ladder?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
platy

PVP Ladder?

Post by platy »

any plans on inputting a pvp ladder system?
It could encourage more people to pvp, play, and practice the game?
not exactly accurate but OSI did say they were going to implement something since the beginning.

LargePiece
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: PVP Ladder?

Post by LargePiece »

Yeah mean a big wooden ladder to the roof of LB's castle so people can fight up there aye? That would be ace.
Disco Damnation: "Why is my mouth so dry? I think I need something to eat."
Large Piece: "Damn, fencing is useless..."

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

platy wrote:any plans on inputting a pvp ladder system?
It could encourage more people to pvp, play, and practice the game?
not exactly accurate but OSI did say they were going to implement something since the beginning.
Shed some more detail on how this would work. Yes, we could certainly implement something like this.

platy

Post by platy »

Awesome, I had some ideas so i'll share them:
In projectX you can say "I wish to duel" and you recieve a prompt allowing you to choose the rules (magic weps, pots, magic armor/clothing/poison etc), once both agree a fight begins at a tourney area. I think this is pretty cool.
You can also choose to fight ranked or not. If it is, the wins and losses are recorded on a msg board (This is not like projectX- just my ideas)
I was thinking something like make Wrong 3 a tourney area, where the msg board of winners/losers could go.
Also, make it worth something: Make a tourney NPC who you need to pay like 1k gold to initiate a ranked fight. Then, maybe at the end of the month the top three duelists will receive a part of that 1k entrance fee or a prize.
I didn't want to change the shard like most pvp ladders do (divinity's and metros are kind of a replacement for Order/Chaos) which is why I'd like to see the dueling area and ranked section only in Wrong 3 or in a special duel area the dev's made or something?

alatar

Post by alatar »

I am not opposed to a dueling system, but I don't think we need a custom area built for it. I think Wrong Roof would work just fine.
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

platy

Post by platy »

yeah my suggestion was wrong lvl 3, (wrong 3 stated) i think it would be sweet, no new arena just some kind of vendor (NPC) or "Scorekeeper" if you will whever it would be

EDIT: yea the special duel area was kind of taken from projectx, after you initiate a duel there your immedietly taken into the arena, and when you die you immedietly appear outisde the arena fullly clothed and refreshed.--It is almost exactly like the tourney system here, where when you die your immedietly taken out and if you win you immedietly go on (SORRY FOR SPELLING I HATE THE WORD IMMEDUIETLYLYL)

ecetres
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ecetres »

I still think this is a great idea. I think that the duel would have to be moved to a dedicated spot like events are to prevent 3rd party interruptions, unless there is a way to code out any other players from initiating combat with those who are dueling. Duel ends when one dies, and you come back to life clothed and refreshed as well. I would, and I think others as well, would PVP more if we could have a way to practice without fear of losing everything and gaining murder counts. With that said though, I also think that if more people had a chance duel and get better at PVP, it would increase the amount of uncontrolled PVP through out the server.
Guerrilla wrote:
i know i cry alot.... its only because i suck, and I'm going to uninstall UO as you read this

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I was initially thinking that this would be a way of ranking PvP out in the world, as opposed to a duel system.

How would you guys like a ladder which counted "duels" which were intiatated in the world, as opposed to a safe place?

platy

Post by platy »

Yeah i wasn't looking for a safe place, just a designated place.

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

sounds cool, but i think some ppl would abuse the system (duel thier own newbie chars to get higher ranks)

SO, i think that the ranked duel should cost money like platy said or maybe just hold the ranked duels for certain says, maybe weekends, where it can be monitored. no need for a safe spot to duel. maybe give a trophy for the highest ranked person at end of week and reset every monday.

now that would be awsome and encourage ppl to pvp and make freinds instead of enemies. i think

DemonArkanis

Post by DemonArkanis »

Here's my thing with this system. I find that when you input a set up dueling system it minimizes field fighting. I feel like any and all in town fighting we can get is a necessary part of the shards growth. I don't understand why you people can't just go chaos or order and duke it out like we used to in the good old days :(

Tanis

Post by Tanis »

as far as practice and training is concerened isnt that what the NPC's and the pits of jhelom are for?. Just a thought of what we already have that could be utilized more maybe.

platy

Post by platy »

nah man it has nothing to do with field fights..
Anyways u have a red, thats as field as it gets- If you think it would limit the amount of field fighting, then make a suggestion: Since I see where your coming from, why not limit each player to 5 duels per week so they couldn't ONLY fight in the duel system? That'd be even/fair right? --People would get better dueling people of equal skill (since they can agree/disagree to fight) and maybe once they think they can handle they'd go order.chaos. NTM 5 duels a week would prevent duel point farmers (which would most likely happen)
I like O/C fights, but tbh I can't really compete with Nemesis's paragank squad he calls when he see's orangs, OR your INFINITE item setup you throw down with.. I roll with regs and weps Soooo i'd like to see who can compete with me on those terms- hence the dueling system
I mean its not like people can't just duel each other now, but why NOT have some reward system inplace which gives out trophies or something?
EDIT: Tanis those are NPC's, fighting them isn't exactly PVP, its pretty much PVM seeing as how they have Artificial Intel..

Squealer

Post by Squealer »

this seems to be getting a bit tricky, and seems as though it would alter the dynamics of what UO offers.
though i would not oppose having some kind of ranking, like with chess. where the score you earn/lose is dependent on your oppenents rank.

but then again, this sort of thing could also reduce fights, for ppl could see how another player has a far greater score and choose not to duel.

actually im not convinced giving order to a chaotic system is a positive thing. maybe just keep the ranking to the current events.

platy

Post by platy »

Squealer I am not sure i understand your concerns..How would putting a scorekeeper npc in some remote spot change the dynamics of uo?!
AND the point of this is to INCREASE fights, since you can CHOOSE who you want to fight.. so duel your freinds instead of the current leader.. I don't see where your coming from with this chaotic/positive comments.. maybe use different word choice, your post makes little sense so its hard to respond