Grey Death Robes

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Grey Death Robes

Post by Ronk »

As I recall, in the T2A era, if you died and resurrected you would come back to life wearing a grey death robe. Any noob cloths (or dyed previous death robes) would be in your pack.

On here, if i am wearing a red death robe and I resurrect I come back to life in red. I am not 100% sure but I don't believe I saw resurrecting in 'color' until I started on free shards.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Arkon
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Grey Death Robes

Post by Arkon »

Unless I'm mistaken, I think the RunUO code has a "1 death robe limit". Meaning when you resurrect it checks to see if you already have a death robe, if so it doesn't place a new one. If not, then it does, and it is the gray robe you're talking about.

But you are right, I remember dying multiple times (usually from being rez killed) and having 20+ robes on me at any given time.
"If you want an image of the future, imagine a bag of milk being poured on a human face--forever."

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

Hes right, you wouldnt res wearing your old robe, but a new one. your old colored one would be in your pack, unless you were red.
[broken image]

Stephen

Post by Stephen »

RunUO went to the 1 death robe limit after I littered Britain one night with death robes on UOGamers.
Proud merchant of $$$

Progressive Libertarianism - At the forefront of freedom
http://progressivelibertarian.org/

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I did code this this way based on an idea i got from elsewhere. However now that we do have fast decay for noob items I'll revert this back to the accurate behavior.

Charles Darwin

Post by Charles Darwin »

Stephen wrote:RunUO went to the 1 death robe limit after I littered Britain one night with death robes on UOGamers.
Haha I don't know if it was you that single handedly dictated a change in RunUO code for death robes. But I do know UO:G is there reason why that code was placed in Run UO. That shard had a massive items issue with the amount of players that would litter robes everywhere.