Perma Red:

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Faust

Re: Perma Red:

Post by Faust »

This shard replicates era accurate game mechanics not personal experiences.

There were many people that had multiple accounts during this era that also used Multi UO to play them on the same computer(s). There was this pathetic smith on Baja that had 10-15 accounts macroing mining behind house walls on each account making him millions of gold during this era.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Faust wrote:This shard replicates era accurate game mechanics not personal experiences.

There were many people that had multiple accounts during this era that also used Multi UO to play them on the same computer(s). There was this pathetic smith on Baja that had 10-15 accounts macroing mining behind house walls on each account making him millions of gold during this era.
Yes, there were some, but as I understand it, in general, the majority of people did not have multiple accounts. At least out of all of the UO friends/allies ive had over the years, ive heard of very few who had more than one account. Now, it is entirely possible I just ran with the poor crowds who refused to or couldnt' afford to buy multiple accounts.

Then again, there are some things that will never be able to be true era accurate. For example, era accurate had thousands online and server boundaries.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Ronk wrote:
Faust wrote:This shard replicates era accurate game mechanics not personal experiences.

Yes, there were some, but as I understand it, in general, the majority of people did not have multiple accounts. At least out of all of the UO friends/allies ive had over the years, ive heard of very few who had more than one account. Now, it is entirely possible I just ran with the poor crowds who refused to or couldnt' afford to buy multiple accounts.

Then again, there are some things that will never be able to be true era accurate. For example, era accurate had thousands online and server boundaries.
Server lines are able to be implemented down the road and population can be improved by players more than it can be by staff.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Xukluk Tuguznal

Post by Xukluk Tuguznal »

I say implement it.

I'm perma red on my reds and I despise the blues who continuously go red then back to blue. If you're gonna be a red or murderer then be one.
Tforc YM wrote: if you are over 24 though do not apply because i dont like nerdy people who dont get there lifes past uo. also if you do not have a microphone or vent then i can not make you into a good player, sorry , dont apply.

Xukluk Tuguznal

Ronk wrote:

lol I had two accounts myself Ronk. I had a guildmate who had ten for some unknown reason. Hell Pony on Siege had like five himself for different characters lol.
Tforc YM wrote: if you are over 24 though do not apply because i dont like nerdy people who dont get there lifes past uo. also if you do not have a microphone or vent then i can not make you into a good player, sorry , dont apply.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Xukluk Tuguznal wrote:
Ronk wrote:

lol I had two accounts myself Ronk. I had a guildmate who had ten for some unknown reason. Hell Pony on Siege had like five himself for different characters lol.
I got the impression you were post-T2A...at least with bloodrock anyway. Multiple accounts seemed more common in the later days of UO, but it coulda just been me ^_^
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Eulogy

Post by Eulogy »

Ok sounds lame to me if murder count eligibility is accurate.
Farming with EVs? Might as well do that on a red char..
PvPing with the possibility of running into a tamer? Might as well play your red..

malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by malice-tg »

i think faust is right we cant have it half in half out..

so lets toss out long terms .. fake reds not in stat loss was a step osi made towards trammel before they had it rdy for release.

its much more exciting when real reds are the ones in stat loss imo :)

alcon

Post by alcon »

If you farm with an EV you take the risk of it attacking a blue. They may die and give you a count, or they may kill you and take your lewtz. Regardless, if I am farming with an EV, and a blue appears I cast dispel and if w/e it is attacking is red lined, I'd probably dispel it and cast something else for the kill. Learn to use dispel plz.

Xukluk Tuguznal

Ronk wrote:I got the impression you were post-T2A...at least with bloodrock anyway. Multiple accounts seemed more common in the later days of UO, but it coulda just been me ^_^

Yea I cam in as Uo:R was getting ready to be released. None the less though Astrid had those accounts during t2a era.

skeletore1

Perma red now with no stat loss!

Post by skeletore1 »

I agree that we need Perma Red now!! Back when T2A was released they made it where you could go to a shrine and type some words in and you would be red forever and could never go back to blue. Doing so would make it where you did not suffer any stat loss upon death.. We need something in place where if people want to be true pk's they are not punished!!