T2A newlands spawn

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Psilo

Re: T2A newlands spawn

Post by Psilo »

If indeed you can block spawns then we need to be careful and balance how this works.

Era accuracy is good, but for something like this we need an exception. This isn't 1998, monopolies are easier to do with multiclienting.

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

I definatly agree here about the orcs. i dont remember even a fraction of that many orcs in t2a. They seem to be the predominant force there on this shard.
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I'm reworking the southern lost lands spawn a bit. Frogs and Toads will be much more common in the swamps, and orcs will be less prevalent. Lost Lands spawns are very much based on memories and tales, the feedback in this thread is very appreciated.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

strut

Post by strut »

Derrick wrote:I'm reworking the southern lost lands spawn a bit. Frogs and Toads will be much more common in the swamps, and orcs will be less prevalent. Lost Lands spawns are very much based on memories and tales, the feedback in this thread is very appreciated.
I remember ratmen everywhere dropping lots of arrows in t2a.

*shifty eyes*

Kdog77

Post by Kdog77 »

I was going to post about ratmen as well, rat archers in particular. So far I've only seen 1 on this server & that was in a rat camp spawn that had 1 archer & 1 mage along with a few normal ratmen. I could be wrong, but I thought rat archers & mages spawned normally in this era, but I've been unable to find any either in t2a or in ratman valley. They used to be great for farming arrows, any reason they don't spawn here? Or have I been looking in the wrong spots?

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

I remember mares that were tamable with only 50 taming spawning right outside Del.

>.>

<.<
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Kdog77 wrote:I was going to post about ratmen as well, rat archers in particular. So far I've only seen 1 on this server & that was in a rat camp spawn that had 1 archer & 1 mage along with a few normal ratmen. I could be wrong, but I thought rat archers & mages spawned normally in this era, but I've been unable to find any either in t2a or in ratman valley. They used to be great for farming arrows, any reason they don't spawn here? Or have I been looking in the wrong spots?
Ratmen archers were introduced in UO:R or later, although we do have them in ratman camps on UOSA
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Kdog77

Post by Kdog77 »

Ahh, ok then thanks for the reply. My memory of the era is fuzzy at best & clouded in smoke... wasn't sure if rat archers were always around or not.

Upon further investigation though, stratics says rat archers existed since day one. I'm not sure to what extent, maybe they only appeared in camp spawns as they do here, which would make this era accurate, but if they spawned normally with other ratmen, then that would be something that should be addressed.

Here is the link to stratics saying they were first seen day one: http://uo.stratics.com/database/view.ph ... ers&id=285

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

They were definitely camps only, all the spawn points listed are Illshenar, apart from Ice and we know that was UO:R or later.

Can tera keep over ground be beefed up a little? And maybe ophidian spawn zone enlarged so the terathans & ophidians fight. I know europa was a little different spawn wise from the older US shards but I do remember a warzone.
?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks for this, it's nice to have some evidence that they were in game during the T2A era.

I'll take a look at tera keep, and ophids.

platypus

Post by platypus »

Just throwin' in my 2 cents here: I remember a very heavy spawn outside of tera keep back in T2A on LS. Not sure which terathans in particular, but I remember 5-10 of us dexxers outside there constantly fighting to try to get down the ladder of the keep. It was a very sparse spawn OUTSIDE the actual keep (as it is now), but as soon as you entered the top part of tera keep I remember there being quite a few more. Right now the spawn seems too heavy underground (after you go down the ladder to the room by the swamp/balron room) and too sparse above ground.

Another thing I remember is efreets spawning in places other than fire dungeon and Delucia pass. I distinctly remember going across a bridge near Papua, running for my life from an efreet that had been chasing me for a few screens. No idea where or how heavy they spawned, but I never farmed in fire or Del pass and saw them quite a bit.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Pristiq wrote:I remember mares that were tamable with only 50 taming spawning right outside Del.

>.>

<.<
I think that there were a couple of Balrons that guarded the bridge to the Lost Lands Desert too :wink: :lol:
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

platypus wrote:Just throwin' in my 2 cents here: I remember a very heavy spawn outside of tera keep back in T2A on LS. Not sure which terathans in particular, but I remember 5-10 of us dexxers outside there constantly fighting to try to get down the ladder of the keep. It was a very sparse spawn OUTSIDE the actual keep (as it is now), but as soon as you entered the top part of tera keep I remember there being quite a few more. Right now the spawn seems too heavy underground (after you go down the ladder to the room by the swamp/balron room) and too sparse above ground.

Another thing I remember is efreets spawning in places other than fire dungeon and Delucia pass. I distinctly remember going across a bridge near Papua, running for my life from an efreet that had been chasing me for a few screens. No idea where or how heavy they spawned, but I never farmed in fire or Del pass and saw them quite a bit.

Not sure if they are there here, but when you cross that bridge out of papua into oasis area they spawned in a little circle area of the mountain to the east. I believe it was a single one that spawned along with lava lizards ect.
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger

Germ

Post by Germ »

I remember Ice Dungeon having Arctic Ogre Lords in it, was this introduced in a later patch? I just blazed through there to check it out since I am new to the Shard, and didn't see any. The white wyrm was there though! ;d

http://www.uoguide.com/Ice_Dungeon

has a map with the spawns as I remember them, but it may have been made post UO:R since it has mention of lots of UO:R features / trammy / etc.