What the hell is up with DP and store bought cures

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

What the hell is up with DP and store bought cures

Post by son »

No way in hell you could buy store bought cures and heal DP. Why was this change implemented, where did Faust get the freaking patch notes on this one?

C'mon son!
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: What the hell is up with DP and store bought cures

Post by Kaivan »

This is a line item from the UOR Patch Notes that cites the changes to cure potions.
Cure Potions
Cure potions will now cure poison based on the relative strength of the cure potion and the poison afflicting the character. A lesser cure will have virtually no chance of curing a deadly poisoned character, while a greater cure will cure greater poison much more often than not. All other cure and poison levels will scale accordingly.
This is also confirmed through the demo, along with the cure spell in terms of the exact strength of these potions. Unfortunately, due to the time frame, this mechanic is accurate in its current state.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Lor

Post by Lor »

Wait, so what's the logic behind the different levels of cure then? A higher chance to cure or what?

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

Kaivan wrote:This is a line item from the UOR Patch Notes that cites the changes to cure potions.
Cure Potions
Cure potions will now cure poison based on the relative strength of the cure potion and the poison afflicting the character. A lesser cure will have virtually no chance of curing a deadly poisoned character, while a greater cure will cure greater poison much more often than not. All other cure and poison levels will scale accordingly.
This is also confirmed through the demo, along with the cure spell in terms of the exact strength of these potions. Unfortunately, due to the time frame, this mechanic is accurate in its current state.
Isnt there stuff in the demo that is outright wrong?

You wont find many people who remember store bought cure curing dp...
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Faust

Post by Faust »

The demo is pretty solid but outdate where other sources are required for research.

The patch note listed above by Kaivan was from the UOR publish. There are several discussions and articles discussing the high cure rate for cure potions describing how insane it was that a lesser cure could cure DP with very little ease. Specifically, one of these discussions is over at UOHOC dated very close to our time frame of replication. There is no reason to believe that there was ever any change from the demo since there is no patch note or discussion anywhere indicating any sort of change.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

Point all you want nerds, this is wrong, just like fizzling recall with gm magery.

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

Calling the researchers and developers nerds. Yes, that's a solid plan to get this changed.
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

so alchemists shouldnt bother making gcure at all? just lesser cures? save tons o regs :D
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Faust

Post by Faust »

Here is the related topics to the previous discussions surrounding this topic.

Patch: http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... ure#p75981
Discussion: http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7291

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

son wrote:Point all you want nerds, this is wrong, just like fizzling recall with gm magery.
Too bad its impossible to fizzle recall with GM magery unless you f it up yourself.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

Biohazard wrote:
son wrote:Point all you want nerds, this is wrong, just like fizzling recall with gm magery.
Too bad its impossible to fizzle recall with GM magery unless you f it up yourself.
Is it? Check yourself.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

This was implemented a long time ago, felix. I stopped using gcures on my pvp chars just because of it. One of the most frustrating patches for DP.

The only thing gcures are good for is lethal poison, and even then regular cure pots still suffice.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

son wrote:
Biohazard wrote:
Too bad its impossible to fizzle recall with GM magery unless you fuck it up yourself.
Is it? Check yourself.
I have never fizzled recall at GM unless I was equipping something, opening a bag, or corpse... via razor or me personally.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

How do we know that the UOR patch wasn't to fix a bug they accidentally let through from another patch?

Is it not possible that GC and cure pots worked as intended before they messed something up and then fixed it ?
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

cabuki

Post by cabuki »

agreed. I used to kill a ton of mages back in the day because the cures wouldn't always work, especially that low of a cure. Please fix this!