Explosion Pots

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Explosion Pots

Post by Hemperor »

Derrick wrote:It seems to me the problems with exp pots, are the missing damage delay of 1.0 secs, and the animation following the targeted mobile, which is a display issue only.
The animation will follow the user for at least a half second, around obstacles, through gates etc. On the demo, it is impossible (I challenge any of you to do it) to throw the pot just before exploding at someone. You can either throw it a second early, where it lands at their location, or it blows up in your face.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Proposed corrections to Explosion Potions are on Test Center for evaluation.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

This topic was dead for a few months until I linked it the other day...and now it's on test? lol I plan a whole revamp and update of the "To-Do" list.

EDIT: Did you mean Test center is up now? I can't connect.

Tron

Post by Tron »

do exp pots suck now?
V SISTERS UNITE! SAVING OUR VAJAYJAYS FOR SOMEONE SPECIAL!

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Try it on test, they seem to be ok but I would be very interested in your thoughts Tron.

Pro

Post by Pro »

nah there's a new delay on them theyre basically the same and its clear that hemperor just sucked at using them on the demo

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

It seems to me that the differences although slight in terms of usefullness are correct and should be made live as soon as possible; however I really was looking forward to more feedback in this thread on the change, just to verify that they are working properly.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Faust

Post by Faust »

What was exactly implemented?

A simple damage delay like on spells that is forced after the 3 second timer that can't be dodged or what Hemperor was talking about?

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Faust wrote:What was exactly implemented?

A simple damage delay like on spells that is forced after the 3 second timer that can't be dodged or what Hemperor was talking about?
The former and not the latter.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Pro wrote:nah there's a new delay on them theyre basically the same and its clear that hemperor just sucked at using them on the demo
Try it on the demo instead of talking out of your ass, I realise that chain pot throwing may be your only viable strategy, however it shouldn't work according to the demo

:(

Pro

Post by Pro »

Hemperor wrote:
Pro wrote:nah there's a new delay on them theyre basically the same and its clear that hemperor just sucked at using them on the demo
Try it on the demo instead of talking out of your ass, I realise that chain pot throwing may be your only viable strategy, however it shouldn't work according to the demo

so viable you haven't paid me 50k yet.

Jack

Post by Jack »

Pro wrote:so viable you haven't paid me 50k yet.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Pro wrote:
Hemperor wrote:

so viable you haven't paid me 50k yet.
oh right, you beat me one time out of what...5 duels at least? So you are 1-4 against me, your guild mate MIKE owes me 100k for getting his ass kicked so much by me (never forget the 1v2 tourney loss to me).

Typical UO morons, hold on to ONE SINGLE WIN (I challenge you to bring up another)...Where's my 100k MIKE? Why do you lose 80% of the time to me "Pro"?

Faust

Post by Faust »

Pro owes me a 100k for his 1v1 loss and an additional 100k for each member that was owned in our 3v3... :wink:

He vows to get revenge beating me at least once in his lifetime.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

explosion pots are no harder to use than before. just have to release the potions a bit earlier now to get the damage to sync with spells.

infact it actually makes it easier to sync them with damage in hally/spell combos since you have time to run in for the swing before the delayed damage lands.