Spell Interrption:

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
marmalade

Re: Spell Interrption:

Post by marmalade »

ok this is all very good and all, but what is the spell interruption formula exactly? does anyone know?

Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mephistopheles »

Kraarug wrote:http://update.uo.com/oldupdates/12-9-97.shtml

This is pretty easy. Just click the citation provided by the Wiki the OP linked.
http://www.uoherald.com/news/ > http://www.uoherald.com/news/archives.p ... patchNotes

Those are the real patch notes from UO. Unfortunately, they don't go earlier than September of 99.

I don't know where good old Rug got the other site he posted. Most of the links don't work.
Last edited by Mephistopheles on Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

At least change the angle so people can't see where my characters are. Fire/IPBan anyone who plays my characters too plz. KThxBai.

Kael
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kael »

Mephistopheles wrote:I don't know where good old Rug got the other site he posted. Most of the links don't work.
That's UO's really old website. Click on the Coming Soon button and you'll get a notice that T2A has a newer Update Center, and an e-mail to Origin (OSI).

Faust

Post by Faust »

marmalade wrote:ok this is all very good and all, but what is the spell interruption formula exactly? does anyone know?
Spell interruption is calculated by the magery skill, circle, and damage taken by the caster when struck while casting.

This is called a formula that determines spell interruption.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

Faust wrote:
marmalade wrote:ok this is all very good and all, but what is the spell interruption formula exactly? does anyone know?
Spell interruption is calculated by the magery skill, circle, and damage taken by the caster when struck while casting.

This is called a formula that determines spell interruption.
lol yes, but what is the formula exactly? it must be in the code somewhere?

if, for example, an energy bolt does 32 damage, i would like to be able to calculate the exact % chance of interruption. if there is only 3 variables then it cant be that difficult.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

When the interrupt patch initially came out, staff didn't want to post it because other shards might steal it etc...

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Faust

Post by Faust »

There were very few people that had the formula before it was handed over to Derrick by me several months ago...

Batlin decompiled the demo just like the people that I got the script from many years ago. He has hosted the project and they can now be downloaded. So the script is no longer a "secret" if you want to call it that. :wink:

Chad-

Post by Chad- »

The offer still stands on spell damage faust

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

so without having to download the whole script decompiled from the demo, there's no way to find out what the actual formula is?

Faust

Post by Faust »

Chad- wrote:The offer still stands on spell damage faust
Well the damage ended up being more "average" after the newly discovered spell values from the demo was uncovered yesterday. :wink:

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Faust wrote:
Chad- wrote:The offer still stands on spell damage faust
Well the damage ended up being more "average" after the newly discovered spell values from the demo was uncovered yesterday. :wink:
More newly applied than newly discovered.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Faust

Post by Faust »

It all ends up being the same in the long run. :wink:

I am just glad that we were able to get something so precise and accurate implemented into the server that even resolved a problem at hand from the previous accurate fix.

It can't get any better for a project like this when you are able to use the actual code when replicating era accuracy.

Cutpurse

Post by Cutpurse »

Anyone that complains about this must not have done very well during that era.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

at the risk of sounding like im repeating myself..

can somebody post the actual spell interruption formula?

EDIT: nevermind, i'll try downloading the code myself see if i can make any sense of it ;s

Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mephistopheles »

Making threads like this is like stroking your own flag for comfort. Did you really need the verbal support from Hemperor? Why even bother talking about this at all when it seems that any dissenting logic isn't even considered? Why bother going through the motions of making such post-structuralist responses? Nobody cares enough about this in the first place Faust & Co. It's really inviting when you simply ignore a person's easy request too.

More super secret 1337 demo code-vomit please.

At least change the angle so people can't see where my characters are. Fire/IPBan anyone who plays my characters too plz. KThxBai.