run winecfg

set the sound driver to ALSA only

set the acceleration to Emulation
and click the emulation check box

but i cant get MIDI to work

Tarvok

Re: The....How to play UO on Linux Thread

Post by Tarvok »

ALSA was already set, and switching to emulation didn't help. At any rate, I can deal with sound cutting out periodically (though keyboard mapping abruptly changing to act like I'm holding down alt is annoying). What's bad is Razor hotkeys don't seem to register. It makes me very concerned about my future in PvP.

Noodlestein

Post by Noodlestein »

I can't seem to get this to work, Just got Wine working, Installed UO, had used Winetricks - dotnet2.0 but when I go to install razor it still says that dotnet2.0 isnt installed.

What do?

wallak

Post by wallak »

Noodlestein wrote:I can't seem to get this to work, Just got Wine working, Installed UO, had used Winetricks - dotnet2.0 but when I go to install razor it still says that dotnet2.0 isnt installed.

What do?
same problem here :(

Kabup

Post by Kabup »

Nice post, easy to install and run... I'll start playing right now, thank you guys.

Just one question, how to make it fullscreen? I did try the winecfg, emulating a virtual screen to 960x600, but it didn't work... still running in a window. What's the trick here?
Slowly Lord British, ruler of Britannia, rises from his throne. Brushing the dust off of his crown, a concerned realization crosses his face. The rumors are true!

Kabup

Post by Kabup »

Just for clarify... my screen have a 1680x1050 resolution, and UO have a 1024x768 max size... I'd set wincfg to use a 900x600 resolution, so you can think there's full room to display UO on fullscreen...

But I just can get a window 900x600 in size on the 1680x1050 screen. Making the window maximized don't help me... How can I set it up? Any ideas? Any idea will be welcome, thanks.
Slowly Lord British, ruler of Britannia, rises from his throne. Brushing the dust off of his crown, a concerned realization crosses his face. The rumors are true!

Kabup

Post by Kabup »

I found it. Just go to Razor's tab 'more options' and set the size you want in 'screen size'. It'll make the trick.
Attachments
Tarzan_9-21_00.00.jpg

Kabup

Post by Kabup »

One more problem, if there's someone to help me... Why can't I set a hotkey in Razor with Ctrl? Example - If I set Ctrl+M to start Animal Taming, it shots the skill with M only, it doesn't matter if I press Ctrl or not. It works the same way to Alt and Shift. Someone knows why?

Kabup

Post by Kabup »

Kabup

Post by Kabup »

...but is amazing anyway, look my screen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7e7ZvhuNC0

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Kabup wrote:...but is amazing anyway, look my screen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7e7ZvhuNC0

Cool, what did you make the video with?
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Kabup

Post by Kabup »

recordmydesktop, you can get it from repository sources. It is a command line application, but there's a gui avaliable too.

set

Post by set »

I'm running under wine in openSuse 11.1 works great for me except I can't get music to play. Sounds work but no music. The mp3 files exist and play fine. In options it is set to play both sound and music. I downloaded the client on the uosecondage homepage.

Kabup

Post by Kabup »

You'll need the codecs, I presume. Try winetricks, and install WMP9 codecs.

set

Post by set »

Found something related on the wine wiki, it says exactly what you told me. Since I installed wine from the openSuse repo it was most likely not compiled to play mp3 as the entry suggests. I tried downloading wmp9 codecs through winetricks but it didn't work. I'm going to check if the files are in the location that this entry says.
6.11.4. MP3s do not play in Windows Media Player or applications that depend on it

For MP3 sound to play out of the box in apps that use the WMP engine and codecs, you must have 32-bit libmpg123 installed on your system and Wine must have been compiled with MP3 support. Not all dis­tro packag­es provide this; openSUSE packages in particular are known to be compiled without MP3 support.

The workaround for lack of libmpg123 and/or winemp3.acm is to use the codec installed by WMP9, l3cod­eca.acm. Copy l3codeca.acm to the wineprefix's /windows/system32 directory (or use winetricks to install WMP9), then create a symlink to it named winemp3.acm in the same directory. Wine will then use the native codec to play MP3s.

This only affects WMP and apps that rely on it for MP3 playback (including Powerpoint). Apps that install their own MP3 codec, such as Winamp or VLC Player, should be able to play MP3s without this workaround.