CrossOver Games MAC Snow Leopard OSX

Darken

CrossOver Games MAC Snow Leopard OSX

Post by Darken »

Hello,

So I recently got a mac and got rid of my old PC, and have been itching to play UO again... so heres my issue;

I tried using "wine", but had absolutely no success. The winetricks menu was empty, so I gave up after not being able to find a fix for this. I chose the path of CrossOver Games, hoping it would be a little more user friendly. So, I got crossover, went to "manage bottles", and created a new one, named it UO etc and installed Ultima Online: ML in it.
Next, I got the freeservers patcher I'm looking to check out, and ran that through the same bottle. Razor was next. Now this is where I'm lost. I understand razor needs .NET Framework2.0, but I am unsure if I need to create Razor a separate bottle, or install it into the UO bottle, as well as .Net Framework. So I tried to add razor into the UO bottle, as well as .net framework, and razor opens up great and all but I am unable to change the port settings on razor itself, next to the IP section. It is "grayed out" so to speak. At this point I'm frustrated. SO. I decided to make razor and .netframework a separate bottle. Again, razor opens up, but this time I AM able to change the port section, but there is a problem with the UO folder itself. At this point, I get an error message saying something something UOcliloc.blah blah something or other, basically saying it doesnt detect a UO folder "automatically". I browsed for the folder, had to go through like 10000 folders to find the UO bottle and the UO files, yet I STILL get the same error message.

If anyone has any idea on how this works, a simple howto or even a tutorial, it would be much appreciated.
Thanks for your time.

David.

Darken

Re: CrossOver Games MAC Snow Leopard OSX

Post by Darken »

Okay so I tried it again, this time I Installed Razor and .NET into its own bottle, opened up Razor, worked perfectly.
As soon as I re-installed UO into the same bottle, the Port box was grayed out yet AGAIN after restarting razor.
This is SO frustrating and makes no sense. Any ideas?

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Darken wrote:This is SO frustrating and makes no sense. Any ideas?
Dual-boot Windows.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Darken

Post by Darken »

Okay, so I figured I'd update my situation one last time. After creating a bottle for Razor and .NET, I made an archive, then installed UO into that folder. I tried launching Razor and still no luck. I then loaded the archived Razor+.NET bottle w/o the UO installation and.... SUCCESS! I don't understand why to be completely honest, but I am able to log in. Anyone looking to play UO on Crossover Games, it IS possible after some poking around with some things. The only issue I have as of now is invisible walls and getting stuck randomly, but nothing a quick server patch wont fix.
For those interested in using CrossOver Games for mac, heres a very basic/simple tutorial;

1) Get CrossOver Games and install. http://www.codeweavers.com
2) CodeWeavers Top Bar Menu > Configure > Manage Bottles.
3) Click the "+" sign, it will be next to the "-" sign, lol, this initiates creation of a new bottle.
4) Name it Razor+.NET.
5) Once your bottle is ready, click "Install Software".
6) First thing you should install is .NETFramework 2.0, it will be on the list of "Runtime Support Components", this is essential for razor. Go ahead and Install that.
7) Download Razor. http://www.runuo.com\razor\
8) Go back to your bottle, choose Install Software again, this time select "Other Application" and then choose razor_latest.exe as your installer File, it should be in your downloads folder. (Razor is not supported by codeweavers, hence the selecting of "other application"... the UO installation will be similar.)
9) Next, make sure you have your bottle selected, go to the "Advanced" Tab and create an archive. It should save it directly on your hard drive.
10) Now Install UO on your bottle, this will be very similar to step 8. Choose Other Application, and then your Uosetupfile.exe (it wont be called that, its "setup" and a bunch of random numbers. just make sure you know where its at!)
11) Once UO is fully installed, meet the demands of your shard, run patch if necessary etc. Note your servers IP address and port value.
12) Browse Razor and find your UO folder, you will have to go through like 100000 folders to find it, but it is there. At this point, razor shouldn't be working, lol. At least it wasn't for me at this point. Heres what you do next, Go to manage bottles, and select "Add From Archive". Simply goto your crossover games top bar menu and select programs > razor > (Razor+.NET-2) (the -2 indicating the second bottle installation form the added archive)
13) Hopefully you can log into UO and have some friggin' fun!

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, I'd be happy to look into it for you, I know how it feels to be "lost" so to speak.. Goodluck!

EDIT: Also, here is a very helpful video I referenced multiple times to acquire more understanding. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVfp8E-0MEw
(his crossover may look slightly different than yours, mine looked different, but its the same idea).
Last edited by Darken on Sun May 08, 2011 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darken

Post by Darken »

Hicha wrote:
Dual-boot Windows.
There's a reason some of us choose to not have PC's...I don't mind them personally, but I can do a hell of a lot more with my Mac outside of video games, but even video games are finally blowing up on apple computers.
I had windows partitioned through bootcamp, and.. it sucks. When running windows via bootcamp my mac was always going 1000 mph. You want to talk about a hot piece of unibody aluminum? Dual Boot windows.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Darken wrote:
Hicha wrote:
Dual-boot Windows.
There's a reason some of us choose to not have PC's...I don't mind them personally, but I can do a hell of a lot more with my Mac outside of video games, but even video games are finally blowing up on apple computers.
I had windows partitioned through bootcamp, and.. it sucks. When running windows via bootcamp my mac was always going 1000 mph. You want to talk about a hot piece of unibody aluminum? Dual Boot windows.
PC = Personal Computer, therefore Mac = PC.

Just sayin'...
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

ayonarendis

Post by ayonarendis »

Did everything, crossover - checked ... razor - checked .... but it just wont go further when showing the "connecting" screen in Ultima ... Any Ideas ???

cheers

Return to “Linux/Mac Support”