Fastest way to raise INT

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Baldamier

Fastest way to raise INT

Post by Baldamier »

If you've ever taken a character to 100 INT, you know its the slowest stat to raise. STR has herding, DEX has snooping. Both of those skills gain quickly and have no skill timers. Unfortunately, all the skills that raise INT either require resources (poisoning and cooking) or have a 10 second timer (Spirit Speak, Eval, Meditation). Magery will raise it eventually, but its a lot faster to train magery if you have 100 INT to start. Even Meditation gains faster with 100 INT. Too bad there isn't a Herding or Snooping for INT.

But wait, there is: Resist

I know what you're thinking, Resist is one of the hardest and slowest skills to gain. And it is, with one exception.

You can gain Resist from 0 - 55 by walking through fire fields. And it gains very fast, right up to the 55 point cap. You'll wonder why you ever started a character with 50 resist.

Start your character with 50 magery and 0 resist. Go 10 STR, 10 DEX, 60 INT on your stats. DO NOT buy resist from an NPC. You need 100 HP for this so herd your way to 100 STR first. Get outside the guardzone since you can't gain resist or cast fire field in town. Set up a macro on second character to bandage heal you and put him 1 tile outside the fire field. Cast fire field on yourself and quickly walk around in the 3 tile radius next to your healer. You have a chance to gain resist (and INT) with every step. If you get low on health, just step outside the field.

The best place to do this really is inside a house since people just love to jump in your fields and either noto PK you or suicide and count you.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Fastest way to raise INT

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I sometimes gather a bunch of branches and set them on fire...then I meditate fiddling with my thinking cap searching deep about what I know and what I don't. Then I channel the forces of magic upon my own person so I can understand suffering. After it all I end up being pretty smart. 8)
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Populus

Post by Populus »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:I sometimes gather a bunch of branches and set them on fire...then I meditate fiddling with my thinking cap searching deep about what I know and what I don't. Then I channel the forces of magic upon my own person so I can understand suffering. After it all I end up being pretty smart. 8)

▲ ▲
ImageImageImage
[cA]

C17H21NO4

Post by C17H21NO4 »

oh, well... some people just can't triforce....

▲
▲ ▲

:twisted:

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

I just buy a bunch of random skills other that spirit speak and herding until im at 700 skill cap, then spam herding & spirit speak at 0 skill each.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Meradin

Post by Meradin »

This is epic, great post. Takes a 3-4 hours process and turns it into a 45 mins shin dig.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Kabal wrote:I just buy a bunch of random skills other that spirit speak and herding until im at 700 skill cap, then spam herding & spirit speak at 0 skill each.
exactly using this method http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Stats
Herd for 10 seconds else use ss as one a action and ones a skill 0 resources afkable gains int
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

One thing though...
I think you need some resist in order to gain from a level four spell, otherwise you are just getting flamed. It's better to get resist from a trainer first then do that.

If you are worried about intel, lots of ways to raise it.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Punishing Ken

Post by Punishing Ken »

There is still the moment.. I notice not for the first time, on one character raise str by herding, create another character, do the same, str is not already flying as fast as the first. Weird. Although doing the same thing. :?

Patek
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Patek »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:One thing though...
I think you need some resist in order to gain from a level four spell, otherwise you are just getting flamed. It's better to get resist from a trainer first then do that.

If you are worried about intel, lots of ways to raise it.
Can definitely raise resist from 0 with a fourth level spell. FireField will get you to 55.0 exactly very quickly. Very clever way of raising INT actually, especially if you buy the skill back down to 0 and go again if you don't get to the INT you want on the first run through.

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

Baldamier wrote:Magery will raise it eventually, but its a lot faster to train magery if you have 100 INT to start. Even Meditation gains faster with 100 INT.

Not accurate.... Magery gains the same no matter what your int is. Admittedly there is a skill bonus for magery when you max out INT first, but if your goal is to reach 100.00 magery this will make no difference. As for med, make sure you med at the correct amount of mana for your skill level.
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

randale

Post by randale »

A way to do this even faster is using the WW resist method, have one boat 100 WW, other boat you and 2 healers, you have a macro where you throw an xp potion, walk on tile where you can be hit by WW's, then back north a tile to be healed, keep repeating- that's what I'm trying now...................I just went from 63-100 in a little over a half hour. It may have been even faster if I hadn't accidentally raised my resist to 8.8 before I tried it.

Return to “Guides”