Climbing

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Shea

Re: Climbing

Post by Shea »

SWEET! Hey Blackfoot, can I have a refund on the 50k I paid you to get on my roof? :P
[15:52] <Rocks> in sheer poundage Neil Diamond has made more woman horny than KISS/David Lee Roth/The Beatles and The Rolling Stones

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

I havnt done enough experimenting to see if you can get onto the southern towers using this method.
If you can get a step onto the northern lip it can be done but that is difficult without already being on the roof.
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Downs

Post by Downs »

I tried for like 20 mins to get on my front towers and couldn't. If anyone wants to keep trying, i'd suggest a macro dropping a stool to the NE of you, since that's still considered south, but my guess is that it can only be done on walls that run east and west.
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Shea

Post by Shea »

My staircase. What do you think?
[15:52] <Rocks> in sheer poundage Neil Diamond has made more woman horny than KISS/David Lee Roth/The Beatles and The Rolling Stones

Flower

Post by Flower »

That looks great ! Love it.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Great staircase... and you are coming from N-S correct?

So once you are on a roof you can make steps to any direction...? So im assuming you had to come with front steps and then make your back steps??? or is there a method that could be used for the front columns.

I saw a keep with stools lining the right wall of the center roof... looked like they were trying to get from the back right tower to the front right tower that way... dont know if they made it or not.

Shea

Post by Shea »

Hoots wrote:Great staircase... and you are coming from N-S correct?

So once you are on a roof you can make steps to any direction...? So im assuming you had to come with front steps and then make your back steps??? or is there a method that could be used for the front columns.

I saw a keep with stools lining the right wall of the center roof... looked like they were trying to get from the back right tower to the front right tower that way... dont know if they made it or not.
Yeah I worked backward from the roof. Much much easier that way. Also, do not even attempt a staircase without making macros for dropping stools N/S/E/W. Its 100x more difficult.

Basically start from the roof, and drop down each level by 2 stools. Downs had told me that small tables count for 5 stools, but I never tested this. If so, that would make it even easier. After I locked each stool in place and put a small table on top of each stool, locked down cloth and then a pillow. Thats why most of the steps dont show the stool legs.

Shea

Post by Shea »

I also just finished building a bridge from the north east rampart to the south east and it worked fine. Yay for extra sq footage!

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

you can get onto the front two towers of your keep (south towers)
but you need to use razor macros to drop stools and it helps to be on your main roof already
trial and error is best way to work it out

Downs

Post by Downs »

you can also bridge from the center to the northeast tower. i honestly dont remember my strategy for getting it, but i made it happen somehow.

Working on the west towers, but its damn frustrating
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.

nickhimself

Post by nickhimself »

Does this still work? I'm using shipwreck stools and am having no luck..

Downs

Post by Downs »

footstools, not regular stools.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

you can basically approach from any angle all you want but you will need to make razor macros to drop your modifier for you comin gfrom any other angle than south

Choppa X

Post by Choppa X »

And now my brain is fried.

Aule
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Aule »

could someone break into my house by climbing onto my roof using this method?