Gaining INT aka the spirit speak fallacy.

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Gaining INT aka the spirit speak fallacy.

Post by Caswallon »

Once again for simple people. Yes, the top table is how your displayed skill is calculated, because that is how the attribute bonus is calculated, the higher an attributes % in a skill the more chance of gaining in that attribute by using that skill. Its really not complicated. Confirmed before written. Kthxbai.
?

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Oh wow wtf. Glad I didn't macro any costly skills on my upcoming tank mage, now.

*restarts with 60 int*

I'm gonna roll 25 str 100 dex 100 int until I finish macroing swords/wrestle, just since str is so easy (and I won't need it until I start macroing magery) and the extra dex will cut my swords/wrestle macro time.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Rhaps

Post by Rhaps »

A pretty heated topic for a very simple process. I recently maxed my new toon's stats with camping + herding. 100 str/25 dex/100 int in less than an hour. I'm lucky enough to have a crafter that could make 300 kindling beforehand mind, but once I had that it was just a case of sitting in the house herding my rabbit and setting fire to the place.

I have tried other skills, including spirit speak, to max stats before but the herding + camping method has by far been the fastest.

Maybe there is a market for kindling after all?

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

ive had good results lately with using cooking for topping off any stats that i needed.... works str/dex/int so whichever one i needed i could gain. and even better is gaining dex without losing karma from snooping lol.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

You don't need a crafter to get kindling...
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Rhaps

Post by Rhaps »

Sandro wrote:You don't need a crafter to get kindling...
I know, but having a lumberjack and a plentiful supply of boards that were easily macroed into kindling only helped.

Adding lots to the thread as usual. You tha man!

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Glad I read this thread before I started up my tank mage.

-Started a char with 10/10/60int
-Macroed swords/snooping with itemID first, switched it to tasteID once int gains slowed 30/100/75
-Continued swords macro, started herding and spiritspeak simultaneously, 60/85/90
-GMed swords, switched to wrestle, continued herding, began using meditation (using a nice "drunk" macro to keep my mana in the skill gain range)

At this stage I am
100/100/25dex
GM swords,wrestle,tactics,60 meditation,50 mage,50 resist,0 eval (for easier resist gains - not as much healing required)

Took me around 16-20 hours of macroing, I think. It's in great position to start mage/med/resist macroing, though I'll need to make some more gold after I spent around 30k on starting the character up (spellbook, bulk aids, bought a few regs..)

I did incorporate a small amount of camping (maybe 15-20 minutes of cutting trees)

New players: Keep in mind that stats gain very fast when your skill range is in the 0-10 real skill range, so see-sawing is an effective method on this shard. You could probably gain int ridiculously fast by running around camping and herding (I believe herding did raise my int a little) edit: noted that the camping/herding method was discussed in this thread already... didn't even see that :P
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Batterdhart

Post by Batterdhart »

Tracking does raise past 10 real, and does raise INT fast. And it raises INT without Tracking gains.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

i just herd for 10 seconds (action faster and has bonus to int) else use a INT gain skill but i also always skill cap my self and leave the skills i am using for stats at 0.0
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Rykker

Post by Rykker »

I just did the seasaw method outlined on the wiki using tracking and it raised INT much faster than SS with no skill gain. I did this inside my house.